A fanzine dedicated to our favorite(?) 3D Sonic the Hedgehog game, a game that has impacted and changed more lives than we could ever fathom.
end of July???
(No official date yet, as submissions come in I will set something more official!)
@Addark // #ThisIsTheUltimate
1. Contact me for approval of your idea before submitting your piece!!!
This zine is specifically for Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, not just a catch-all Sonic the Hedgehog fanzine. (You are more than welcome to start up a project like that, however!!)
There are no OFFICIAL slots, but ideas are first come first serve; we don’t want a dozen City Escape pieces with nothing for Death Chamber!
2. Pieces can be written OR illustrated!
For illustrated work:
Make sure your piece is cleaned up and ready for print! There may be a limited print run, and I will release the pdf for free in print quality, so anybody can create their own. Make sure that any backgrounds do not touch the edges of the canvas, as things could be cut off in the printing process!!
For written work:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, proofread your work for spelling and grammatical errors!! Twitter user @sjontofa has volunteered her services to proofread, even in-depth proofreading and editing, so hit her up if you need anything regarding that!! (Stylized lowercase/uppercase and whatnot is totally fine, but an essay on City Escape should at the very least have the level name capitalized!)
To prevent formatting errors on my end: please submit your work as an Adobe Illustrator file, PSD or PNG. This gives you complete freedom over font layouts and anything else you might need!
Make sure your submission is 1275 x 1650 pixels, or 4.25 x 5.5 inches at 300 dpi. (For reference, this is half of the size of a standard sheet of printer paper!) PNG or PSD would be preferred!
Please refrain from using full bleeds as this could result in bits of your image being cut off if/when this is printed!!
3. ONLY SUBMIT WORK THAT YOU YOURSELF HAVE CREATED. This should go without saying, but you never know!!!
4. Please add your Twitter or Tumblr handle somewhere to your piece so viewers will know who created it!! I will be adding a full list of contributers in the zine somewhere as well, but include it to your image as well, just to be safe (and to make it easier on people trying to find your work!).
5. HAVE FUN. ENJOY YOURSELVES. MARVEL AT HOW MUCH THIS GAME HAS IMPACTED OUR LIVES, FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE.
6. When you’re ready to submit, you can send it to me either on Twitter (@Addark), or via e-mail (addyquill at gmail). I’ll be posting entries as I receive them on this Tumblr, as well! Please use the hashtag #ThisIsTheUltimate if you’re posting on Twitter.
Feel free to submit any questions or concerns to my Twitter, Tumblr, e-mail, or anything!
NEED A THEME? AN IDEA?
You can do a piece based on any character, any stage, any mode, anything that is directly involved with the Sonic Adventure 2 game. Glitches, exploits, Chao raising strategy, whatever you’re feeling! I may ask you to change your idea so that there’s not too much repetition, but even still, this zine is more for fun than tackling every aspect of the game.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
LET’S ESCAPE FROM THE CITY