I have encountered numerous issues with this pet supply chain, and enough is enough. Pet Goods located at 1125 Central Park Ave
Scarsdale, NY 10583 is unsanitary, and treats their small animals terribly.
I have personally witnessed the following over the course of a year:
- A sickly rabbit: Sides sucked in, loose droppings, lethargic and not alert. I told a manager, who was EXTREMELY rude and could barely be bothered to stop cursing and acting out with another employee to speak to me. Rabbit was not there when I returned a week later.
- An employee tossing a box of live rat pups into a plastic bag like they were objects. Ignored me when I expressed he shouldn’t throw live animals.
- Many, many dead fish floating in tanks.
- Betta fish in tiny cups, with dirty water.
- Parakeets being kept in dirty cages, without enough ventilation, species inappropriate toys (or no toys at all), and being fed an improper seed diet, along with VERY dirty water.
- Most recently (April 2015) EXTREMELY overcrowded mice and rat tanks. All the tanks had very stressed out animals, and the substrate was filthy. One tank have THREE DEAD RAT PUPS (and multiple dying ones) who had been there for hours. Dead baby rats, ROTTING, alongside their litter mates and mothers. I told an associate, who was friendly, but clearly not at all concerned about the animals.
What can you do?
- Boycott all Pet Goods locations.
- Give this location a call at: (914) 472-6050 OR complain in person at 1125 Central Park Ave,Scarsdale, NY 10583. Please, be civil. Threatening will NOT help the animals or get this store to listen to us.
- Complain on their Facebook page HERE.
- Contact them via their website HERE.
- Reblog, and share on FB, Twitter etc, and signal boost where you can.
Birds, rodents and fish deserve better than this. All sentient beings deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.