A simple daily calender to LOSE WEIGHT in 10 days
Being obese is not just a physical problem. Being called out ‘fat’ because of one’s body type can create several psychological problems too. Shopping for clothes too proves to be an impossible task.
Physically, being obese makes it difficult for a person to move around comfortably. Even the smallest of tasks becomes a battle. And then, there is that constant fear of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and other weight-related health issues. Is it a wonder then, that most obese people are willing to try anything to lose a few pounds? If you too are looking for ways to lose weight and live a healthier life, you have come to the right place! The following tips can help you shed a few pounds, and that too in just 10 days!
How to lose weight in 10 days?
- Early morning (7 am) – 1 glass of warm lemon water
- Mid- morning (9 am) – 1 cup of cereal and 1 orange
- Lunch (1 pm) – 1 chapatti with 1 piece chicken curry and a bowl of salad
- Evening snack (4 pm) – 1 small bowl of hummus with fresh vegetables
- Dinner (8 pm)- ½ cup of cooked brown rice, 1 cup of chili beans and 1 cup of tomato soup
- Early morning (7 am) – 1 cup of green tea, without sugar
- Mid- morning (9 am) – 1 cup of vegetable oats, 1 banana
- Lunch (1 pm) – 1 small bowl of chicken stir-fried with brown rice
- Evening snack (4 pm) – 1 granola bar and 1 apple
- Dinner (8 pm) – Oven-baked salmon with boiled potatoes and 1 cup of romaine lettuce salad
- Early morning (7 am) – 1 glass of warm lemon water with honey
- Mid- morning (9 am) – 1 plain dosa and 2 idlis with coconut chutney, 1 glass of orange juice
- Lunch (1 pm) – 1 paneer wrap with one small bowl of green salad
- Evening snack (4 pm) – Greek yoghurt with berries
- Dinner (8 pm) – One whole-wheat pita bread with chicken soup
- Early morning (7 am) – 1 cup of black tea
- Mid- morning (9 am) – Omelet with whole grain bread, ½ cup of blueberries
- Lunch (1 pm) – Nutritious chili with Baba Ghanoush
- Evening snack (4pm) – Whole-wheat muffin with one small kiwi
- Dinner 8 pm – 2 stuffed capsicums (Crockpot method), 1 bowl of tossed green salad with apple cider vinegar dressing
- Early morning (7am) – Methi water (methi soaked in water)
- Mid- morning (9 am) – 1 cup of cooked quinoa, one glass skimmed milk
- Lunch (1pm) – Lemon herb chicken with vegetable pulao
- Evening snack (4pm) – 1 glass of blueberry and banana smoothie with spicy corn salad
- Dinner (8 pm) – One bowl of low fat Caesar salad (without cheese dressings), pumpkin soup with pita bread
- Early morning (7am) – One glass of warm lemon water
- Mid- morning (9 am) – Two oatmeal bran bread with scrambled eggs, 1 glass of skimmed milk, 1 cup of blackberries
- Lunch (1 pm) – 1 small bowl of moong dal with chapatti, 1 small bowl of Palak paneer
- Evening snack (4pm) – 1 serving of honeydew melon
- Dinner (8 pm) – Maple glazed chicken breast with vegetable fried rice
- Early morning (7am) – A cup of lemon water with honey
- Mid- morning (9 am) – One bowl of sweet corn poha, 1 grapefruit
- Lunch (1pm) – 1 cup of tossed salad mix with fat free dressing, 1 bowl of split pea and potato soup
- Evening snack (4pm) – Sprouts and sweet corn salad, 1 cup tea
- Dinner (8 pm) – Chicken curry with pita bread
- Early morning (7am) – 1 cup of green tea
- Mid- morning (9 pm) – Buckwheat pancakes with one glass grapefruit juice
- Lunch (1 pm) – Beans and tofu burger with green salad
- Evening snack (4 pm) – 2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter, 1 bunch of grapes
- Dinner (8 pm) – Spinach dal with boiled rice, 1 small bowl of vegetable, quinoa salad
- Early morning (7am) – 1 cup of black tea
- Mid- morning (9 am) – Two-cucumber sandwiches, 5 soaked almonds, 1 apple
- Lunch (1 pm) – Shrimp with ginger and peas with 1 cup of brown rice
- Evening snack (4 pm) – 1 bowl of popcorn without butter
- Dinner (8 pm) – 1 bowl of kadhi with 2 chapattis and salad
- Early morning (7am) – One glass of methi seeds water (methi soaked in water)
- Mid- morning (9 am) – Brown bread with hung curd, 1 cup of dry fruits and one glass of pomegranate juice.
- Lunch (1 pm) – 1 bowl of cucumber salad, 1 bowl of dal and 2 chapattis
- Evening snack (4 pm) – Puffed rice with tea
- Dinner (8 pm) – Okra sabzi, 1 piece chicken with 2 chapattis
Tips for Effective Weight Loss:
Here are the most effective tips mentioned that help to lose weight. They can be considered to the best tips to lose weight in 10 days along with the diet explained above.
1. Go Slow:
Do not force your body to lose weight through crash diets and high intensity exercises. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise. Do not rush into running miles or pounding on the treadmill if you have never worked out in your life. This can increase your chances of getting injured. Do not starve yourself to get into a leaner shape. Diets that severely restrict calories can make your body deficient in essential nutrients required for the proper functioning of the body. The best way to lose weight is by reducing the amount of calories and increasing your activity levels gradually. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
2. Eat Small Meals Throughout The Day:
Instead of eating three large meals, consider taking five meals throughout the day. This will keep the body’s metabolism high, and the blood sugar well-balanced.
3. Balanced Diet:
Adopting a healthy, balanced diet can help you shed excess pounds from the body. A low fat diet, comprising of fiber-rich fruits, vegetables and whole grains will surely help you to lose weight quickly.
- Most fruits and vegetables are low in calories, making them a perfect addition to your diet regime.
- Fruits and vegetables are also rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from various types of illness.
- Consume foods that are low in carbohydrates and fat. Limit your rice and refined grain consumption.
- Poultry and fish are high in protein and low in saturated fats, making them extremely beneficial for health. They add taste to your platter, without piling on those extra pounds.
- Drink lemon water every day on an empty stomach to prevent fat accumulation.
- Consume large amounts of fiber-rich foods to lose weight naturally. Fiber-rich foods fill you up and keep you satiated, keeping the metabolism busy. They also reduce bad cholesterol in the body, keeping you fit and healthy.
Water is considered a natural weight loss drink. It takes up room in your stomach, preventing you from overeating. Drink a glass of water before every meal or take sips in between to control overeating. Drinking 2 liters of water daily boosts the metabolism, speeding up the weight loss process. It also flushes out the toxins from the body, accelerating weight loss. Keep a bottle of water handy and take a sip every 12 minutes. This will reduce your craving for sugary beverages. Water also helps the body to absorb nutrients, keeping you energized.
5. Be Active:
Increased physical activities will surely make a difference to your overall weight. Every extra step you take will help you lose weight. The simplest exercise is walking. Taking a brisk walk not only helps to lose weight but also improves the overall health of the body. Even simple, everyday activities such as climbing up the stairs, moving around etc. can be very beneficial. Use the stairs instead of the elevator or get off the bus a little before your destination and walk the rest of the way.
6. Do Not Skip Breakfast:
Never skip your breakfast. Skipping breakfast or any other meal puts the body in the catabolic state and breaks down muscle tissues for energy. This often leads to overeating. Irregular eating habits disrupt the body’s metabolism, making it harder to lose weight. Eating a healthy breakfast jump-starts the metabolism, keeping it working for the entire day.
7. Reduce Your Calorie Intake:
It is nearly impossible to reduce body fat while consuming calorie-rich foods. The calories in the form of junk food, soda, sweets and fruit juice can cause major damage to your waistline. This does not mean that you can never consume any of these treats. You just need to limit these foods to smaller quantities. You should aim to lose 500 calories per day to lose at least one pound a week.
8. Change Your Eating Habits:
The weight loss process is not just about dieting; it is also about making gradual changes to your eating habits. You have to ditch your current eating habits if you want to lose weight within 10 days. Making simple changes and taking control of what you eat is crucial for losing weight naturally. Safe and natural weight loss does not mean depriving yourself of food. This can have opposite effects on your body.
So what changes can you make to lose weight? Here are a few pointers:
- Replace alcohol and cola with water.
- Replace whole milk with skimmed milk or soy milk.
- Avoid sugar in your tea and coffee.
- Avoid having a second helping while eating your dinner.
- Cut out on unhealthy treats like cakes, sugary biscuits and chips in between your meals.
Exercise is vital for healthy weight loss and long-term health benefits. The body replaces the energy lost during exercising by breaking down sugar reserves in the fat cells, leading to quick weight loss. Exercising 30 minutes a day will help you burn fat and increase blood circulation, improving overall fitness of the body. Other daily exercises include swimming, aerobics, cycling and circuit training. You can easily lose 300 calories per day by performing these exercises.
Indulge in cardiovascular exercises to speed up the weight loss process. Spinning, cardio, kickboxing and boot camp can help you to manage your weight. These exercises will also tone your arms, legs, torso and tummy. Combine cardio exercises with strength training for more effective results.
Interval training is one of the most effective methods to lose weight. It alternates between high and low intensity exercises, aiding the body to burn more calories.
10. Sleep Well:
Sleep-deprived people often feel sluggish, which urges them to overeat. A sound 8 hours of sleep is of optimum importance for maintaining healthy weight. Losing sleep also alters hormone production, causing a spike in cortisol levels. According to research, the less you are exposed to gadgets, the better rest your mind and body get. Keep your cell phones and laptops away or better still, switch them off before sleeping.