Hi, im a
fan, or a
, and the other day I came across this post on my dashboard: ********
top ten reasons a hawkman tv show is a bad idea…
- he uses maces, tomahawks, and axes; but isn’t gonna kill any one?
- let alone maim them
- makes sfx budget too high
- no rogues
- no one wants an environmental super hero
- wait if he’s not thanagarian…
- where does this nth metal come from?
- if his powers come from nth metal does that mean anyone with nth metal can be hawkman?
- how strong? strong enough to lift a car? train? ICBM? etc
- can only fly as high as his wings could generate lift
Yeah. So anyway, there are some logical points to this post, but other remarks indicate the author of this post doesn’t know much about Hawkman either. So I thought I would take the liberty of correcting a few points.
1) he uses maces, tomahawks, and axes; but isn’t gonna kill any one?
2) let alone maim them
Yes, Hawkman is fond of archaic weaponry, which in all honesty, is pretty badass and awesome by itself to carry on a tv show about it, but thats just my humble opinion. Anyway, to the case in point, Hawkman doesn’t kill petty criminals, he is however not above killing super villains or maiming them when it has to be done. But your common street criminal? Hawkman can deal with them without the use of his weapons, and he has done so in his comics for a long time. He flies, has Aquaman-level strength and a healing factor, people, he can take a petty criminal with his bare hands without actually killing him or causing serious injuries.
3) Makes sfx budget too high
I actually agree with this point.
4) No rogues.
Seriously? Do you even know Hawkman? Like, at all? Gentleman Ghost, Shadow Thief, Byth, Thanagarians, Lionmane, Fel Andar, just to name a few!
5) No one wants an environmental superhero.
What? Environmental super- where the fu** did you get the impression Hawkman is an environmental superhero? Because his theme is animalistic? Do you even know who you’re talking about?
6) wait if he’s not thanagarian…
7) where does this nth metal come from?
There are two versions of Hawkman, one is Earthian, and the other is Thanagarian. Both Hawkmen’s Nth metal is of Thanagarian origins.
8) if his powers come from nth metal does that mean anyone with nth metal can be hawkman?
First of all, Nth metal is not like kryptonite, you can’t find it anymore, or it is really difficult to get ahold of. But imagining someone could obtain some Nth metal, then that someone would have Hawkman’s ability to negate gravity and enhanced senses, but thats it.
Hawkman has TWO “superpowers” that make him who he is:
1) The Nth metal of course, which grants him enhanced agility, speed and flight, AND the ability to negate the effects of gravity on himself and on objects, which explains how he can fly and how he can carry heavy things. Anyone with nth metal acquires this ability.
2) Yet, what Hawkman has that no other wielder of Nth metal does, is his curse of reincarnation. Carter Hall (Hawkman) was first born as Prince Khufu, of ancient Egypt, and later reincarnated as many heroes of the past, knight, soldier, warrior, cowboy, you name it. When in contact with Nth metal, Hawkman has the ability of remembering all his previous lifetimes, and all the knowledge he has acquired through the ages, both intellectual and combat knowledge. What does this mean? Hawkman masters almost every form of combat known in history.
Not bad for a mere mortal, huh?
9) how strong? strong enough to lift a car? train? ICBM? etc
Hawkman has enhanced strength, not Superman levels, but Aquaman, Martian Manhunter levels of strength. He has been able to lift a falling plane, and has said that the mysterious nth metal always seems to show him new levels of strength unknown to him.
10) can only fly as high as his wings could generate lift
This last one, as a Hawkfan, is the most insulting of all. *Sigh*. Hawkman’s wings don’t generate lift nor flight, they have nothing to do with that. As I said before, the Nth metal negates the effects of gravity, meaning that it allows Hawkman to float aimlessly in the air, Hawkman created the wings and harness only to function as a steering mechanism, so with slight shoulder movements he can move freely and manipulate the lift provided by the Nth Metal.
So in summary, the wings don’t generate lift, the Nth metal does. The nth metal is the “motor”, the wings are the “steering wheel”.
Hope the original author (evilcorey-horseman-of-decadence) comes across this post, and hope I was of service to my followers and any Hawkfan out there. See you later guys!