I’m taking a mental health day tomorrow. For many reasons.
1) I screamed at a kid today. When that happens, I know I’m waaaaay stressed out.
2) It’s the only day I don’t see 1st or 5th graders. And I need to practice with them for the program so I can’t afford to be absent any other day.
3) I have a giant painful lump on my forehead. I believe it’s a cyst because it’s soft. Kaleb’s mom, a nurse, checked it out over the weekend and agrees. The earliest I could get in the doctor’s office is Thursday after school. I realize that’s still a few days away, but I can’t do another two days with this pain and trying to teach.
4) I’ve got a shit ton of costumes to make for the first graders for the program. And I need a day to do it. But I’m play in the a musical this weekend, so I won’t have a day to do it this weekend. So I’m going to get a bunch done tomorrow.
5) I’m PMSing and I’m ready to cry at the drop of a hat. For no good reason.
So there. I will not be at school tomorrow. And I don’t eel bad about it. Not one bit.