Earlier I posted about the 5 things that your operation needs to do to truly be a business, and that got me flipping through old notes and books looking for other obvious ways that people can easily increase their business or refocus it.
That’s where human desires come in.
Depending on what you read, there can be any number of desires that people profess to, but I am going to focus on just 5 and I think like the 5 things your project needs to be a business, these 5 desires can capture everything too.
1. To Have: Everyone wants to have things. Even those people who claim not to be materialistic desire to own something, even if its a book or a magazine, or even just a glass of a certain vintage wine.
2. Closeness: As humans were are social animals. That means that we want to be close to other humans.
3. Knowledge: This is especially pertinent now. Knowledge is power more than ever before. So use that to your advantage.
4. Security: We are all trying to protect something: our home, ourselves, our possessions.
5. Sensory Stimulus: Feelings. People want the sensation of excitement, pleasure, etc.
So these 5 things should hold something you can focus your business on. Run with them!