HOW TO DATE AN OPERA SINGER:
So you found a new match. Congratulations! You are on your way to the happily ever after you’ve always wanted. But.. there’s a catch. Your new found love is an opera singer. How do you deal with this new, delicate creature?
1. Do not go to every performance. This sounds counter-intuitive but unless it’s at a major house opening night, let them tell you about it. Send flowers.
2. Never refer to it as a “hobby”. If you do, send flowers.
3. Don’t worry if you don’t understand the details of what they are upset about. They just want you to listen. Really. They are singers. Send flowers.
4. Don’t ever tell them they are being overly dramatic. (You may at anytime comment on their subtle nuances of emotional reactions.) If you do, send flowers.
5. Keep a good supply of room temperature bottled water. (Cold water shrinks the cords)
6. Learn a few phrases in italian. But not enough to make them look bad.
7. Clear your bookshelves. Learn to love large amounts of books, scores and even old cds. A romantic trip to IKEA is always a favorite bonding experience.
8. They are the pretty one in the relationship.
9. Get to know their accompanist. If they don’t like you, you’re doomed.
10. Find a few great restaurants that they can brag to their friends about that you took them. Singers are foodies.
Good luck and know that singers are people too. Keep your OS close. Let them know you are their biggest fan. And make sure you know their allergies before you send flowers.
from the Opera Candy website: http://www.operacandy.com/how-to-date-an-opera-singer/ I love that blog! Get a laugh!