1. Cry. Pour your heart out in rivers and remove some of the water that was drowning the flowers in your lungs. Cry. Scream into your pillows like clouds. Let them take your thunder. Let them absorb the water you don’t need anymore. Your bed is your best friend today.
2. There are days where you won’t even want to see anyone’s face. Not even his or hers. Not even your own. That’s fine. Stay in bed today, baby. Skip a day of school. Just make sure to catch up on everything else later.
3. Get out of bed. Get some new clothes from your clean stack and take a shower. Wash the sadness out of your hair. Use a different body wash this time. Sing in the shower. Let the walls echo of you. You are a song bird.
4. Don’t sleep in your room. Sleep somewhere else, so that these thoughts and feelings stick to the walls of a place that you don’t normally sleep in. Sleep alongside me. Sleep in the living room. Sleep in the extra bedroom in your house. Take a vacation from your bedroom for a while. Come back when you’ve recovered. This might even take a month.
5. This is the perfect opportunity to take any old memories of those who fucked with your beautiful heart, put them in a box, and go out back. Burn those memories in a bonfire, just like you’ve burned the bridges. Make sure you are certain of this decision.
6. Turn off the notifications on your phone if you need to. Don’t talk to them when your head is at its lowest. Negativity is easily spread like disease. Your head is not the same when you are depressed. They won’t understand. They might be at a different mentality.
6 (a). If you find that talking to someone makes you feel better, Shut your eyes, look into the stars that settle underneath your lids, and pick the person that you truly want to talk to right now. Make a mental list of those people, contact each of them. (Don’t make a permanent list, though. This is because your answer might be different the next time you feel like this.) Call them. Message them. Email them. Love them. Say thank you right after.
7. Please don’t pick up a bottle. Please don’t pick up a blade. Please don’t take all those pills. Understand that your body is filled with galaxies and gardens and it is all beautiful beyond your understanding. There are other ways to handle things like this. Don’t let it win you over.
8. It’s morning again and you might feel like shit. Wear a different shade of eye shadow today. Make your lipstick different today. Wear another set of earrings. Wear bright colors. Listen to upbeat songs. Wear perfume or cologne. Wear your hair differently. Wear those old shoes you forgot about. Do something new. It might feel like dressing up a corpse, but soon enough you’ll catch on to how alive you look.
9. Go back and watch those funny videos that you used to laugh so hard at. Make a list of them and keep them in a personal playlist. Make sure you have them saved for the next time you feel like this.
10. These are simply tips I learned on my own. You and I will not have the same experiences. Make sure that you also find your own ways to get out of this.
11. Remember that it is not good to live like this. Make sure to wake up one day and say “I cannot live like this anymore, I need to stop this cycle and be alive.”. That will be your motivation. That is when you realized that you need to be living.
12. Remember that this is all temporary. Remember that there is always an end to a storm. Remember that these emotions come and go. You simply aren’t yourself when you are like this. It might there is nothing left to live for, but I promise there is more. How do you think I’ve made it this far?