answering this publically as a teaching moment
- our posts are not for allistics. not everything has to be for everyone. setting aside content for marginalised groups that don’t usually get any content (i.e. autistic people) is not exclusion.
- the majority of relatable text posts on this site are made by allistics, for allistics. the purpose of this blog is somewhere autistic people can go to find posts they can relate to. allistics don’t need that space. for allistics, that space is the whole damn site.
- you can read & understand & learn from a post without reblogging it
- i don’t understand why everyone is so hung up on needing to reblog things. reblogging it doesn’t unlock some higher level of understanding or transport it into some magical storage area of your brain. reblogging it might make it easier to find, but our blog is tagged & our blog shows up on google search results (tip: add “site:thatautismfeel.tumblr.com” to your search).
- i’m glad people are using our blog to teach themselves about autism, but if they want to “help raises awareness”, they can make their own post & link us in it. they can reblog resources posts.
- there is no reason for allistics to reblog our posts
- our posts are not made for them
- saying that is not exclusion. not everything has to always be for everyone.