okay so I know I’m a year too late, but don’t judge me. This is in absolutely no order & in no way comprehensive, btw. This may be updated, not sure yet.
Most of these are smutty but plotty.
If I’ve forgotten any trigger warnings, please let me know.
• Gotcha, Lassie! by misato | Rated T
You can’t run from commitment, unless you’re a near-genius with an affinity for pineapple and a thing for the Head Detective.
Drunken confessions of love. Shawn being cheeky. Tiny bit of angst, mostly fluff.
• Playground Crush by moondragon23 | Rated T
Carlton finally figures out the reason Shawn has been playing tricks on him all these years.
Well there has to be a reason why Shawn is always pulling Lassie’s pig tails, figuratively speaking. Absolutely perfect fluff.
• Murder by Something Something (series) by trixietru | Rated M
When Lassiter gets invited to a mysterious weekend retreat, Shawn suspects trouble and follows along.
& Lassiter muddle through their feelings while also investigating some suspicious characters. Leans towards angst, but I
can’t imagine these two not having stumbling blocks before getting it
right. Everything works out in the end!
• A Study in Balance by SerpentineJ | Rated G
Day 1: Tease. Three times Lassie is an unwitting tease, and Shawn can’t help but be mature.
Shawn is nice and it throws Lassiter off.
• The Road to Tikihama by unadrift | Rated T
This is not a story about a chance meeting of two insomniacs. This is a
story about beer, a machete, the fashion police, zebras, egg salad,
Truth or Truth, the c-word and handcuffs. With sprinkles on top. (Post
“Tuesday the 17th”.)
Shawn & Lassiter end up having a heart-to-heart at 4 am. Touches on events in all seasons up to S3, Ep 15. One of my favorites.
• Take That Moon and Wrap It in Cellophane by Loz | Rated T
In the past month, Lassiter’s had seven failed first dates and Shawn feels bad because he feels great.
Shawn seizes an opportunity to take Lassie on a date. Fluff.
• The Walrus and the Guy Who Carpents by plainapple | Rated M | WARNING: Mentions suicide of non-canon character
Shawn is pulled into the shady world of Santa Barbara politics as he and
they investigate the death of a city councilman’s intern.
Casefic with great banter between Shawn & Gus. Oh, yeah, also over protective Lassie that ends in smut.
• Spencer Didn’t Do It by Teragram | Rated PG
Shawn has been framed for murder, but Lassiter hopes he won’t be too quick to use his alibi.
An excellent casefic that flows just like an episode.Bonus Woody being his usual disconcerting self.
• Shot Though the Heart (And You’re to Blame) by trixietru (3/?) | Rated M
Lassiter does something unexpected during a stressful moment, leading Shawn to re-evaluate their relationship.
whumpage. Despite the summary, not established relationship. Last
updated earlier this month, so hopefully it’ll be finished soon! (besides, everything by trixietru is great.)
• Losing My Mind by janewestin | Rated M
Shaken by a brush with danger, Shawn finds himself on Lassiter’s doorstep.
Another long fic where Shawn & Lassiter work out their feelings for one another.
• double chocolate hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. and sprinkles. by unmatchedhellraiser | Rated G
Lassiter goes into the same coffee shop every day. Shawn is an annoyingly persistent barista.
Every ship needs a fluffy coffee shop au.
• Single-O by janewestin | Rated M | WARNING: mentions past CSA of a non-canon character & suicide of non-canon character
Shawn and Carlton puzzle through a murder at a sideshow…and their feelings for each other.
one is actually fairly dark (heed the warnings if those things trigger
you). It also features a surprise cameo but it’s minor and doesn’t take
away from the fic if you’re not familiar with said cameo characters.