(My response was too awesome to fit into the space provided for reblog. I didn’t even know that was a thing.)
You have horribly misunderstood my post. In response, I’ll attempt to clear up any of those misunderstandings by breaking down your anti-establishment rant bit by bit. I imagine you wearing a red anarchy shirt as you typed this.
1. Ok, for starters, your first sentence is utterly ridiculous. Maybe you didn’t notice the title of my blog? Yeah, I make min wage and yet, I’ve been able to live day by day without shoplifting. Shocking, I know!
Also, people shoplifting directly results in minimum wagers at those stores losing hours and money because the store loses profit.
Since you love “research” and “statistics” so much I’ll point out that the most popular demographic for shoplifting is middle class white women, not poor people feeling they have no choice.
2. Minimum wagers do not pay my mom’s salary.
3. My mom is not a cop. Did I say that she was? Nope. I made reference to her chasing a shoplifter from a STORE. Because she works for stores as Asset Protection, which is basically a managerial version of a security guard. This is about the point where your assuming things and asinine accusations start.
4. A child of a cop can “do no harm”? Haha! My uncle is a cop and, if anything, my cousins are held to a higher standard. God fucking forbid they ever break the law, the last thing my uncle would do is cover it up and use his “connections” to make it all go away. This isn’t Sin City where the senator’s son is fucking kids and the cops look the other way. Maybe you watch too many movies.
5. When did I ever mention people stealing food to feed their families? Oh yeah, I didn’t. Look hard and you’ll see a reference to $6 lipgloss. My entire post was about the people that shoplift as a hobby and brag about it on tumblr. They call themselves “lifters”. They steal coach purses, makeup, jewelry, etc. Last I checked, those aren’t items needed to survive. Somehow, you took that and turned it into Cop Hatefest 2014. I don’t even understand how that happened.
6. I wasn’t simply told it’s legal. It’s legal. Stated in the license she had to obtain in order to just be able to chase and tackle someone. It’s not like she’s shooting people for fucks sake.
7. Actually, no, not anybody can just take a class and get a badge. Anybody can TRY. Many fail the academy bud. Also, if you have such a problem with the authorities, why don’t you become one and be the change you want to see? After all, anyone can do it!
While we’re at it, anybody can go to school and just become a teacher. Anybody can just sign a piece of paper and become a soldier. Does that make those professions less deserving of respect as well?
8. If my mom saw someone stealing bread to feed their family, she would stop them. Then she would buy them an entire cart of groceries. Don’t assume you know ANYTHING about my family or about anyone’s family based on their occupations or any other stupid reason you see fit to judge.
9. It’s painfully obvious that you have much research to do as well. Along with slight anger management training, you may want to consider looking up all the good that comes from law enforcement officers. Example, in my area a state trooper took a bullet for a child.
You’re right! He didn’t have to worry about fucking up in his job. He just had to worry every day about leaving his family without a father.
And his kids, maaan do they have it good as the offspring of a cop, right!
Must be nice!
Yes, many abuse the law. Many…not ALL.
10. Perhaps you’re 8x’s more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist organization because YOU DON’T LIVE IN AFGHANISTAN.
Statistics are always the most accurate information to use in a debate. They’re almost never wrong.
11. I love that you and so many have this “I’m a taxpayer, therefore this is mine, this is mine, this is mine….blah blah blah” mentality.
Let’s just get rid of taxes! Let’s be a lawless society without any road maintenance or anything else taxes pay for! That’ll be great! Then we’ll all have extra money for super important things like buying coach purses big enough to fill with stolen merchandise and getting internet so we can bitch on tumblr about social issues and not actually ever get actively involved or do anything useful to help make a change!
12. I don’t actually have a number 12, I’m just a fan of making lists and I can’t let it end on an uneven number.
Happy learning to you as well, sir. I’m thinking you benefited more from me than I you. For that you are welcome.
Next time, reply to my posts with something relevant to what I actually discussed and we can avoid this craziness. I’m sure you will reply given that you have a lot of pent up something, and that’s ok. You are entitled to your own opinion my friend. That being said, I will not be replying.
I prefer to turn away from intolerance or prejudice of any kind. You are the embodiment of such.
****P.S. A NOTE TO ANY OF MY FOLLOWERS THAT MAY READ THIS AND HAVE CONNECTIONS TO THE TOPIC:
I REFUSE to not acknowledge law enforcement officers being categorized as terrible people and their children categorized as selfish, spoiled, and ignorant. I refuse to not acknowledge ANY group of people being categorized in any unfair manor ESPECIALLY when connected to something I post.
To anyone that read this, I apologize on behalf of this obvious V for Vendetta fanboy.
Law enforcement officers risk their lives and safety every day in favor of protecting and serving others. I respect them for what they do and I respect their families that have to brave the fear and long nights that come along with being the loved one of a police officer. I’m sorry that the dishonest officers have driven our society to label all officers as something that they are not. It’s disgusting.*****