basically unfollow me if you dont think aroace people are allowed to identify as queer for multiple reasons
- without queer spaces, aroace people are excluded from both straight and queer spaces, leaving them alone to fear that they’re broken or wrong.
- they may not be murdered, but this is due to the lack of studies done on whether aroace people get murdered– which leads me to my next bullet
- aroace people are never brought up, never mentioned, never even thought about. they are erased, ignored, and severely underrepresented.
- correctional rape is a thing that occurs, as well as severe sexual harassment ‘you’ve never had sex so you don’t know if you like it or not’
- aroace people are constantly told they need to be ‘fixed’ or ‘cured,’ people will try to date/sleep with them just so they can be the one who ‘fixed them’ or so that they can be the ‘exception’ which is borderline manipulative
- aroace ppl are not heterosexual or heteroromantic, so they are queer (if they identify as such)