Don’t miss your last chance to see the
2014-2015 Pride of Paradise in concert!
Sons De Temp (Sounds of Time)
, the PV Bands’ final concert of the 2014-2015 school year, is tomorrow night, May 19, 2015 at 7:00 pm in the PVHS Performing Arts Center.
This event will also mark the farewell performance of the Pride of Paradise Class of 2015 as they make their last public appearance as members of the PV Bands.
Highlights of the evening’s program include:
From PV Jazz-
- Herbie Hancock’s Watermelon Man
- Meetin’ Time and Hobo Flats, as recorded by the Count Basie Big Band
- Minor Mystery, Ellen Rowe
And from the Concert Band-
- Music From Carmina Burana (Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi), Carl Orff
- Pixar Movie Magic, soundtrack selections from the Pixar films
- Coldplay On Stage, a medley of hits from the popular group
- Dinosaurs, Daniel Bukvich
- Solar Eclipse, world premier of the original composition by Ryan Diefenderfer
The Pride of Paradise is also honored to welcome to the stage Soprano and PVHS faculty member, Joanne Magden
, as she joins the Concert Band in performing a suite from Bizet’s
We hope you’ll join us for a evening of music and memories as the PV Bands closes its 57th concert season, and bids farewell to the graduating Seniors of The Pride of Paradise.
The concert is open to the public, admission is free, and doors open at 6:40 pm. The performance is expected to last 60-90 minutes.
We hope to see you there!
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1KgVeH9
There is a new post on the Pride of Paradise BoosterBlog.