I really don’t like it when someone says they hate Fairy Tail for no good reason when they 1. Did not watch it, 2. Think it’s a complete fan service anime, 3. That Fairy Tail copies One Piece, and for those who have seen some-1.because there is next to no violence(As in blood and death) in the anime and 2. They can’t take it seriously for 5 seconds.
Now then, let’s go over why these people are wrong…
1. You can never judge something you haven’t seen, experienced, or tried. Until someone watches more than 10 episodes, they have no good reason to say they “hate it”. Especially if this individual has no clue what Fairy Tail is about.
2. A lot of folks in the anime fan base call Fairy Tail: Fan Service Fail. Haha, no. For one thing, I am fairly sure these people have never watched it and are complete perverts. You notice that stuff if you are looking for it. And for me, I am not that kind of anime viewer. I personally enjoy Fairy Tail for the cool story arcs, epic battles, and Erza’s awesome moments. Nothing disgusting. However, I cannot completely ignore the fact that yes, it has those things I hate in it. Why? To attract the perverted hentai audiences when this show is nowhere near that category. The business needed to promote it with more sex appeal. Without this trash, oh my god would Fairy Tail be the favorite anime of everyone.
Please understand-anime and hentai are separate things. Nowadays, fans of hentai(Like Yuri/Yaoi, etc.) are confusing them for the same thing. Unlike Kill la Kill, High School DxD, along with the obvious ecchi shows, Fairy Tail has a lot less. I can’t understand why people label it “The Fan Service Anime”. And for the haters’ information, the manga has even less fan service than the anime does. Don’t blame Mashima-sensei.
3. Fairy Tail is not a complete copy of One Piece! How can anyone say that? Are you telling me the art style is the same? No, it may be inspired by One Piece, but if you say that then you’re saying every anime copied Astro Boy’s art. Let’s not make this into a bigger worthless argument.
How about the story? No. No one’s goal in Fairy Tail is to become the greatest pirate ever and gain the One Piece. Not a single person in the entire guild wishes to be the greatest “insert profession here”. The concept is so much more creative and fun than One Piece’s. No offense, but it is. You have wizards with different personalities unlike One Piece. I read 3 volumes of the manga and every character felt like the same person! If they were the same person I would have said they were developed pretty well!
Okay, back on topic…
Fairy Tail involves wizards taking on jobs, fighting with magic, and incredible friendship. I don’t think One Piece is more interesting than that. You take Luffy who wants to be the greatest pirate, pirates, and a treasure called One Piece. That concept doesn’t have much of a future if you ask me.
For those who have seen some of Fairy Tail but still hate it…
1. So many times in the past, I have heard anime reviewers say Fairy Tail needs blood. And no, not necessarily. Violence can add to a show but it isn’t some requirement. Some shows are better off without it. That way, both younger and older audiences can enjoy it without worrying about gore. I know a friend who can stand Fairy Tail because it doesn’t have blood in it.
However, this is a good point that I will not dismiss. I could take the anime way more seriously if Natsu was all bloodied up from the fight with Jellal for example. Of course, I am referring to the anime. As for the manga, things are different. There’s blood. And I prefer the manga. I just don’t think an adaption should get complaints for being adapted in a somewhat family friendly way with the original drama still in it. Trust me, nothing is censored the way 4 Kids would. Thank God FUNimation got the rights for the dub…
2. When you see parts of Fairy Tail like the Tower of Heaven arc, you know it gets serious. Simon dies and Jellal makes Erza cry. Cry! Tell me that’s funny.
To those who say Fairy Tail can’t be taken seriously, I question you-How many episodes have you gotten through exactly? 2? Maybe when you decide to actually watch it, you will know characters die and it gets really serious by the Deliora arc. So much so that a main character almost sacrifices himself to save his friends.
Besides the humor, Fairy Tail has to be the most inspiring, fun, epic, and creative anime I have seen.
Due to that fact, I want haters to consider what I am about to say…
Have you just seen various scenes that happened to have jokes in them? If so, you’re the same as haters with no valid reason, hating stuff because they can.
Thanks for reading!
Comment your opinions or argue if you want. I try not to be too biased.