Over the course of this year we’ll gradually be moving towards a fully responsive MyFonts that will look great any device and give each of our users the best experience possible.
Taking our first steps in that direction today, we’ve released newly redesigned list pages on MyFonts. The search results, Hot New Fonts, Best Sellers, What’s New and Top Webfonts pages have all been reworked and they look awesome – check them out! With these huge improvements, the pages now look great on devices of any size, whether computer, phone or tablet.
In addition to making the list pages responsive, the new design includes the following changes:
- Badges have been added to the list pages to indicate things like a typeface being featured on the Best Sellers or Hot New Fonts lists, or when a font is on sale
- Font samples now stretch all the way across the screen
- Poster images are more prominently displayed
- The sidebar has been removed and tags are now located at the top of the page
- Visual changes to the Test Drive Bar (where users can choose between different text options, add their own text, adjust the size and color, and try out opentype features)
Making MyFonts a fully responsive website is a huge undertaking, and we’re doing it one step at a time. There is a lot to be excited about in 2015 – so stay tuned!