chrome extensions for disabilities masterpost
I have seen a lot of posts on here talking about individual extensions for chrome to help people, but I haven’t seen a place where they’re compiled together. So here you are!
- no caps - Makes everything lower case
- Open Dyslexic: changes the font to Open Dyslexic and makes it larger. Personal favourite.
- Dyslexie: changes the font to dyslexie and allows change to font size and colour (blue). Can be turned off. (Doesn’t seem to work on facebook)
- Font Changer: Allows you to change the font on specific website or on everything using a Google Font. I believe you can also upload your own, if there’s a specific font you need.
- BeeLine Reader: Uses a gradient so your eye follows along one line to the next
- Color Overlay - Irlen Filter for Chromebook: Puts a coloured overlay over the screen. can choose colour and opacity.
- Sunglasses: Tints the screen grey to reduce contrast
- Desaturate: Removes all colour and makes everything a greyscale
- High Contrast: Change contrast or invert colour scheme
- Deluminate: Similar to High Contrast, but tries to keep photos in tact
- G.lux: Makes the colour of the display change depending on the time of day (also cuts down on blue light so it’s easier to fall asleep)
reduce visual distraction
- Readability: Can change things such as margins, colours, etc… as well as reduce visual business
- Ad Block Plus: blocks ads. What more needs to be said?
- FlashControl: Stops flash animations running by themselves
- Hide GIFS: Allows you to keep GIFS from displaying
- Text Mode: Loads pages in black/white, covers images, with text only.