“1. Sometimes the hardest person to be honest with is yourself.
2. If you can count your real friends on one hand, you are incredibly lucky.
3. We don’t all love the same way.
4. You won’t lose any sleep over being too kind or forgiving.
5. However, boundaries are important. Learn what yours’ are and set them. You teach others how to treat you.
6. You will never run into your ex when you’re feeling cute. You will run into them in a Target parking lot, exhausted with no makeup, almost completely worn off.
7. Never think you’re the exception.
8. The grass isn’t greener on the other side. The grass is green where you water it.
9. I’m stealing this one from How I Met Your Mother. “When it’s after 2:00 a.m. just go to sleep. Because the decisions you make after 2:00 a.m. are the wrong decisions.”
10. If you forget to pay a $15 seatbelt ticket, your license will be suspended and you may not receive notice in the mail, which could result in you getting pulled over and almost going to jail.
11. Dogs are blessings that will love you unconditionally their entire lives.
12. Taking a risk may mean making a complete ass of yourself, but regret is a feeling far worse than embarrassment.
13. You are the person you’ll spend the majority of your time with. Make sure you like your company.
14. Real change usually comes in the form of painful life experiences that leave you forever altered.
15. Hot sauce on popcorn. Trust me on this one.
16. There’s a huge difference between growing up and aging.
17. Faith is important. Whether you put your faith in God, the universe or a loved one, it’s important to put it somewhere.
18. Always double check to make sure the lid of your coffee cup is completely shut (especially when driving).
19. Worry is an attempt to control the outcome of a situation. In the end, there are very few things we have control over. Let it go.
20. On the really hard days, take life 5 minutes at a time.
21. You are not obligated to validate your life or your relationships on social media.
22. The heart is amazingly resilient and has an immense capacity for love.
23. Back up your files. Always, always, always backup.
24. Spare keys…they are important.
25. Life rarely turns out the way we envision it. But that’s what keeps things interesting.
26. A day spent doing something you love, even if it’s binge watching series on Netflix, is not a wasted day.
27. In the grand scheme of things, life is incredibly short. Live the fuck out of it, and make it count.”
27 Things I’ve Learned In 27 Years; Katherine Taylor