Been playing with a new process workflow, here goes:
- Import RAW file into Aperture3
- White balance set - Aperture3
- Correct lens pincushion or barrel distortion - PTLens plugin
- Crop & Align - Aperture3
- (if used) HDR composite - Photomatix or Nik HDR plug-in
- Colour Swap - Gimp (as external editor from Aperture)
- Noise reduction - Nik Dfine or Topaz Denoise
- Pre-sharpening - Nik Sharpener Pro
- Exposure/highlights tweaking - Aperture3
- Colouring tweaking - Aperture3 or Topaz Restyle
- Output Sharpening - Nik Sharpener Pro
It looks a lot, however, it runs smoothly and does not take much time for the shots worth spending time on.
I like the Topaz toolset, however, collectively it is expensive. The Nik Toolset (Google) is, with my limited budget, more palatable. I do, however, really like the Topaz ReStyle tool for colouring and and happy to add that to the plug-in set, in addition to Nik’s ColorEfex.