Most trainings are held at PPNYC’s Training Institute in Manhattan, unless otherwise noted. Click on the title of the training for more information.
T 4/29/14 - Beyond “Just Say No” 201: Helping Clients Navigate Sexual Consent (Cost: $30)
F 5/9/14 - Birth Control Facts and Education Strategies for Youth(Cost: $30) Basic
Th 5/15/14 - Body Image and Sexuality: Making the Connection/Supporting Youth (Cost: $30) Basic
M 5/19/14 -What Happens When? Exploring Sexual Development through the Lifespan (Cost: FREE)Basic - Located at Brooklyn Public Library
Th 5/22/14- Sex Ed Classrooms: Navigating Challenges to Foster Productive Learning (Cost: $30) Basic
Th 5/29/14 - Sexually Transmitted Infections: Facts and Strategies to Educate (Cost $30) Basic
T 6/3/14 - All of Us: Creating Safe Spaces for LGBTQ Clients (Cost:FREE) Basic - Located at Queens Flushing Library
T 6/10/14 - Effective Sexual and Reproductive Health Counseling: Tools for Health Literacy (Cost: $15) Reduced Fee!
Th 6/12/14 - Public Insurance and Reproductive Health Care(Cost: FREE)
M 6/30/14 - Webinar: Getting on the Same Page: How Your Agency Can Share Consistent Sexuality Messages (Cost: $20 per agency)
W 7/9/14 - Speaking about Sexuality with Confidence (Cost:$30) Basic
T 7/15/14 - Forum: Strengthening Our Cultural Competency through an Anti-Oppressive Intersectional Framework (Cost: $20) Reduced Fee!
Th 7/17/14 - Don’t Forget the “Pleasure” in Sex Education (Cost: $40) Basic
T 7/22/14 - Understanding New York City Political Landscapes and Supporting Our Clients as Change Agents (Cost: $15) Reduced Fee!
To find out who the trainers are, click on the title of each training and then read their bios.
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
- Participants must register at least three business days before each training. Trainings may close earlier if a training fills up. Register early to guarantee a spot.
- Fees include all materials and a certificate of completion. Certificates can be requested in person upon completion of any training or event.
- A light breakfast or refreshments will be provided at each training. A lunch break will be scheduled into all full-day (6-hour) trainings. Lunch will not be provided, but participants can obtain a list of local restaurants from Training Institute staff. Participants are welcome to eat their lunches in the Training Institute space.
- All trainings will start promptly at the times listed on the calendar. Participants who arrive late will be admitted at the discretion of the trainer.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available through AASECT (through 6/10/14 only), NASW-NYS, and CHES. Training Institute staff will provide you with the appropriate CEU paperwork upon completion of the training. Please be prepared to provide your membership ID. If you would like to request any additional Continuing Education offerings at the Training Institute, please email training[at]ppnyc[dot]org or call 212-274-7246.