In which we launch our first-ever giant-size special; God Loves, Man Kills is the definitive X-Men story; Bobby makes his R&MXtXM on-air debut; we repopulate the world with X-writers; Rachel is really excited about x-plaining X-Cutioner’s Song; Miles takes a strong stance on Wolverine’s mask; we award some awards; and it’s all your fault.
- God Loves, Man Kills (Marvel Graphic Novel #5)
- William Stryker
- An inappropriate analogy
- Keeping it interesting
- Favorite episodes
- Bridging the fan/critic divide
- Our ongoing obsession with bit characters
- The challenge of keeping Charles Xavier relevant
- X-Planation Curation
- Several stories we’re really looking forward to covering
- X-Writers on a desert island
- Internet fights
- Favorite stories vs. best stories
- Stupid hats of the Marvel Universe
- Dr. Doom as Tim Gunn
- Havok vs. ceiling fans
- Educational standards of the Marvel Universe
- The First Annual Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau Awards for Excellence in X-Cellence
NEXT WEEK: Rachel and Chris Sims X-Plain Arcade
CORRECTION: In this episode, Rachel claims that there is only one Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau in the Marvel Multiverse. This is patently untrue. There are numerous versions of Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau in the Marvel Multiverse, who may or may not be able to combine Voltron-style into a giant Corbeau Singularity.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Support us on Patreon!
Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!