"Come on Barbie, Let's go PARTY" Halloween Post, Part III.
Creepy, I look kinda doll-like, right? Hehe :D It’s the blank stare, I swear I’m not plastic!
Buuuuuut, if you’re craving to be part of the plastics this Halloween season, my final installment of my Halloween Makeup series might be just what you’re looking for.
1. Urban Decay Electric Palette, Shade “Savage” or dupe shade, Urban Decay “Woodstock” Single Eyeshadow that is less pigmented and more shimmery (aka you will need more layers to achieve full color).
2. Smashbox Blush Rush in “Radiance” or dupe shade, Maybelline Fit ME! blush in “Medium Pink 204”
3. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in “Light/Medium”
4. Smashbox Softlights Highlighter in “Shimmer”
5. L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Mascara in “Black”
6. Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in “Bad to the Bronze”
7. L’Oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyeliner in “Carbon Black”
8. MAC Lipstick in “Candy Yum-Yum”
9. YOUR OWN FOUNDATION! (**Preferably MATTE**)
*First, prep with your own choice of eyeshadow primer.
1. Starting from the inner corner of the eyelid, swipe on 2 coats of Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in “Bad to the Bronze” half way across the lid length-wise (towards the outer corner of the eye.. but only HALF WAY!).
2. On the other half of the eyelid (the outer corner side) swipe 3-4 layers of Urban Decay Electric Palette “Savage,” or dupe shade Urban Decay “Woodstock” Single Eyeshadow until a heavy-impact color is achieved.
3. Use Smashbox Softlights Highlighter “Shimmer” with an eyeshadow fluffy brush and swipe along the brow bone to ‘tie together’t he look and clean up the edges.
4. Add a medium thickness level of L’Oreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Eyelier in “Carbon Black” along the lash line **AND LET THIS DRY FOR A MINUTE OR IT WILL TRANSFER TO THE LID/EYESHADOW AKA A NO-NO**
5. On the lower lash line, add a gentle, very light line of black eyeliner (of your choice) to the waterline for definition.
6. Add 4 coats of L’Oreal Carbon Black Telescopic Mascara in “Black” to the top lashes, and 2 to the bottom lashes.
7. Eyebrows- Brush into place, and fill in with your choice of brow gel/powder if necessary.
1. Using MAC Lipstick in “Candy Yum-Yum,” take the angle side of the lipstick and draw a ‘pointy, defined’ upper lip by making an ‘x’ on both crests of the natural lip and follow the groove of the natural lip shape, exaggerating slightly.
2. Then, fill in lips with the lipstick.
3. Using Urban Decay Electric Palette “Savage”, or dupe shade Urban Decay “Woodstock” Single Eyeshadow, dab onto lips until full, highly pigmented coverage is achieved (to match the eyes!).
1.Pick your own foundation/concealer and apply as you normally would (ex: under eye, blemishes, etc). **Try to use a matte finish foundation for a more ‘plastic look.’**
2. Using a contouring brush, make a ‘fish face’ by sucking in your cheeks and follow the hollow of the cheekbone with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in “Light/Medium” for as many layers at it takes to achieve 2 shades darker than your original skin tone.
4. Over the newly defied hollow, add two layers of Smashbox Blush Rush in “Radiance” or dupe shade, Maybelline Fit ME! blush in “Medium Pink 204” and blend completely until the hollow and blush are uniform.
5. Dust Smashbox Softlights Highlighter in “Shimmer” over top of cheekbone, bridge of nose, both sides of the forehead and a bit on the chin with a kabuki brush.
Hurry and put on your best Barbie Dress, Ken is waiting for you!
Note: all photos are my own.