Five on-screen deaths that still break my heart:
1) Wally West in Young Justice - Seriously. This is the guy with everything to live for, who willingly decides to keep running even when its killing him.
2) Peter Grodin in Stargate: Atlantis - Awesome, understated, and he comforts the other guys before his impending death.
3) Boromir in Lord of the Rings - I don’t care if he was tempted by the ring and had the stupidest idea about trying to control an uncontrollably evil artifact, he tried to teach the hobbits how to fight, made them laugh, kept them going, and then gave his life to save them against an entire host of uruk-hai.
4) Haldir in Lord of the Rings - HE WASN’T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THERE!
5) Ned Stark from Game of Thrones - The only reason I was willing to watch Season 1 was for the Starks, and then this happened:
Honourable future mention, naturally, has to go to Thorin, Fili and Kili, who will be leaving me a weeping mess in December: And no, to enhance how heartbreakingly tragic this is going to be, I’m not going to post a screencap from the movie, I’m posting this fanart with credit to Deviantart’s JayjoOakenshield:
ETA: What kind of idiot am I? I must have been drunk! I forgot these:
1) Rue from The Hunger Games
2) Mufasa from The Lion King
3) Phil Coulson in The Avengers