I’m going to just start by saying that as a professional musician, I really enjoy the work that went into this episode. Also because
Britta Perry Gillian Jacobs is in this episode, there may be a dose of Community gifs to go along with it
- Oh no! A damsel in distress.
- Shit. I lost my kid.
Which leads us to this joy of an Easter egg that I’m so freakin proud of finding for the fandom. Yep - I found Anna Torv stashing an unwanted doughnut in the background of a scene.
I feel like this is the episode where Anna’s American accent is finally settling in. It’s the first episode where her “Olivia” voice that carries through the series starts to appear.
Britta is such a terrible person in this episode
- And now for this week’s FUN IN THE LAB WITH WALTER - mind control!!!
- I really enjoy Astrid’s “What’s up Chachi?” to Peter
- Also, I never noticed Astrid & Peter sharing headphones to block out Walter’s singing of Christmas carols
- Olivia took the oboe for six months and quit. I would quit too if I had to learn beginning oboe.
Ugh this lady is the worst.
- I don’t really get the point of this evilish mental institution doctor. Is he supposed to be a reference to Chilton from Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal?
- DON’T HURT WALTER!!!!
- John Noble, how do you not have a million acting awards?
- Aww Polivia working together :)
This woman is so freakin awful to this poor child.
- Peter sticking up for his father for the first time. It’s so beautiful and these two, I can’t even.
- Walter: ”Is that what it’s like to talk to me?”
- Olivia “just happens” to be standing across the street from the “red castle” that Walter told them about when Peter calls her. A little too easy, Fringe.
Olivia and Charlie together, fighting crime. I always loved the character of Charlie a lot, but I guess I never realized how little he was in these early episodes.
- Olivia’s first real fight scene! She’s brutal too - if only the damn lights hadn’t turned on.
Mitchel Loeb is still an asshat. He did kill the creepy torture lady, and while murder is bad, that’s probably better for the world.
- Olivia is good with kids.
- Also - she has a black eye - yay continuity. This show is good with that. Except for when it comes to explaining the Pattern.