My name is Becca, I am 22 and live in the UK, more specifically, a little village in Yorkshire.
I would love to be a penpal to somebody and exchange/receive letters and small quirky gifts about the places we live, or our interests, to anybody in the world. Although, being an email buddy would be lovely too. The last time I did this whole penpal thing was when I was 13, and I really do miss it.
A few things about me:
- At the moment I am obsessed with watching Mad Men!
- I work in a bookshop
- I play the cello (and studied music at university), so classical music is a love of mine, although I also like folk, punk rock (well…primarily Patti Smith), classic rock, and jazz.
- I like words, and playing with them: (which author is often mistaken for a source of water? George or Well?). And if you find that, “I’m figuratively dying for a cup of coffee”, is amusing, then we’ll certainly get along.
- I’ve just started knitting and finished my first pair of socks (excitement!)
- There aren’t really many things that I truly dislike, I’d say I’m a pretty open-minded person (although if I do dislike something I’m sure to say, and it’s definitely a debate opportunity!)
- I’m really interested in astronomy, philosophy, music, writing/reading, crafts, film and TV - if you can share your knowledge about these things, or want to chat about them, that’d be great!
So, to sum up this rambling, I’m interested in people, and their thoughts about life (funny anecdotes, contemplative pondering, or recommendations about new books or TV shows) - It would be nice to hear from anybody from any part of world, any age or gender. I feel sometimes humans are so confined to home/work/school life and routines, so it’s always fulfilling to talk to new people, and it makes the world feel a friendlier, smaller place.
If you want to chat, email me at beccaaa62 @ gmail. com (I don’t check my tumblr too often.)
I’ll be so interested and happy to read and reply to your message. :D