Stolen from Kasuchi. I tag whoever wants to do it!
Choose 5 OTPs without looking at the questions:
1. Jake & Amy
2. Jim & Pam
3. Chuck & Blair
4. Lily & Ray
5. Nick & Jess
1. Do you remember the episode/scene/chapter/song that you first started shipping 5?
The one where they go to the hardware store to shop for quick-hardening caulk… It was such a weird shift. I had never, up til that point, considered Nick Miller attractive at all. And then all of a sudden, feelings zoomed into my heart just like they did for Jess.
2. Have you ever read fanfiction about 2?
lol yesssss so much. Although, admittedly, I am not as avid about Jim&Pam fic as I am about some of the other pairings on this list. J&P have hard voices to get right in fic, so I only rarely find ones I actually like – plus my feelings about them are less sexual and more fluffy, and let’s be real: usually when I seek out fic, it’s for sex reasons.
3. Has a picture of 4 ever been your screensaver/profile picture/tumblr ID?
I feel like I maybe had a Lily&Ray-themed LiveJournal icon at some point. Which just goes to show how oooooold this OTP is in my heart.
4. If 3 were to suddenly break up today, what would your reaction be?
I wouldn’t be surprised. Their relationship has always been pretty love-and-hate. (I would eagerly await the post-break-up hate-sex fic, though.)
5. Why is 1 so important?
Oh god. *weeps* Amy is gonna help Jake grow into a better man, and Jake is gonna help Amy loosen up and relax into a comfortable and less stressful adult life. Each of them is exactly what the other one needs, though I don’t think they entirely realize/see that yet. They are the ultimate power couple/“two halves make a whole” because they both lack something crucial that the other person can help them with, and they’ll both come out way more whole and balanced for it.
6. Is 4 a funny ship or a serious ship?
Ray is hella funny and these two definitely have some funny memories together. I hesitate to call it a “serious ship” because they are both like 15 years old so they very likely won’t be together forever. But for the time being, they’re a good fit and very sweet together.
7. Out of all your ships listed, which has the most chemistry?
I guess I always felt the most electric when watching Chuck/Blair scenes. Maybe I just like hate-fucking, though.
8. Of all of the ships, which has the strongest bond?
Lily and Ray have known each other since they were kids and probably would remain best friends even if they broke up. They’ve seen each other through all kinds of difficult shit and know each other more intimately than probably any of the other pairings on the list.
9. How many times have you read/watched 2′s fandom?
I think I have watched The Office in its entirety about 5 times through, plus obviously there are certain episodes that I’ve seen multiple times in addition to that.
10. Which ship lasted the longest?
I’ve loved RFR for 10 years but I didn’t really ship Lily/Ray until about 5 years ago. So I guess I’ve maybe shipped Jim/Pam the longest.
11. How many times, if ever, has 5 broken up?
Once, I think? (I’m due for a New Girl re-watch.)
12. If the world was suddenly thrust into a zombie apocalypse, which ship would survive, 1 or 3?
Jake and Amy have gun skillz and street smarts, but I just can’t imagine that they would outlast Chuck and Blair. Chuck and Blair are like bitchy, entitled cockroaches: come hell or high water, they will never give up.
13. Did 4 ever have to hide their relationship for any reason?
They both had to hide the fact that they liked each other, for various reasons throughout the series. But once they actually got together, they made zero effort to hide it. They didn’t need to: everyone in their life already knew it was gonna happen.
14. Is 5 still together?
Sadly, no. But I think we can all tell it will happen eventually…
15. Is 1 canon?
I mean, they kissed three times, so, probably. It remains to be seen if they will actually start dating (except duh they totally will).
16. If all 5 couples were put into a couples Hunger Games, which couple would win?
Again, definitely Chuck and Blair. Bitchy, entitled cockroaches. They would find a way to stay alive.
17. Has anyone ever tried to sabotage 5s ship?
Not that I recall? They kind of sabotaged themselves, since they’re so different and ultimately (I think) not really ready for each other yet.
18. Which ships would you defend to death and beyond?
Jake and Amy, I guess? I have the strongest feelings about them at the moment.
19. Have you ever spent hours going through 3′s tumblr page?
I actually haven’t done that much Tumblr-searching on the topic of Chuck and Blair. Maybe I should.
20. If an evil witch descended from the sky and told you you had to pick one of the ships to break up forever, which would you break up?
Chuck and Blair because of the aforementioned post-break-up hate-sex. They’d probably both enjoy that more than being together, tbh.