Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Okay, here goes!!
1. If you were to compare yourself to a character from fiction, what character would you choose? Why?
Hermmm…I would probably compare myself to Anne Shirley because I feel like her most of the time. She likes imagining and knows how to laugh at herself but can also be quite solemn when the occassion calls for it. I don’t know…maybe I just wish I was like her!
2. Do you ever feel like climbing a tree and just sitting there?
YES. Not only feel like, but have done! We have the loveliest old apple tree in our garden and during the spring, summer, and fall, I will clamber up to my favourite limb and sit there. It’s the perfect reading nook.
3. If you were to pick a flower that fits your personality, what flower would it be? Why?
Jeepers. This is a hard one! I would say a sweet pea, because it is colourful, has petals that don’t all grow out the same way, is different, and smells nice. I like to think I am colourful and don’t grow all the same way (does that even make sense?). I have many interests and can appreciate many things. I think that’s what I mean. Ahem.
4. What is a favorite memory of yours?
I have too many! Playing what we called “Red Indians” (which I am sure is a very ‘racist’ expression, but we meant it in the highest form of flattery), building tree forts, making mud pies, running around barefoot everywhere, reading fairytales curled up on my dad’s green leather chair, playing with my stuffed penguin whom I named Captain Cook (after the explorer), my mum reading Enid Blyton and C. S. Lewis aloud after lunch, my dad reading J. R. R. Tolkien before bed, and many, many more. All childhood memories, which are my favourite, but I do have some nice ones from recent years too!
5. Do you have a favorite quote?
Same problem as aforementioned; far too many to list! I shall have to content myself with one, however, but it won’t be my very, very favourite because I’m not even sure which one that would be! Here’s an L. M. Montgomery one, though, which I love:
"Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm and the music; perhaps … perhaps … love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath."
6. Do you like to prance, to skip, to dance?
When I’m in an exuberantly happy mood, I do all three!
7. Has writing changed you in any way? Do you think you would be a different person if you did not write?
I’m not sure. I have written extensively, but I’m pretty sure none of it is worthy of mention. If I hadn’t written it I don’t think I would be any different, but it is nice to have my writings. They are comfortable.
8. Do you like or dislike rainy days?
It depends. It rains where I live so much that sometimes I am tired of it. Overall, I would have to say that I LOVE rainy days. The pitter patter of the rain is lovely, and I always feel so cosy inside reading on rainy days. I even dance in the rain sometimes. *giggles*
9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where should it be?
Prince Edward Island. I would live there, probably. I love it already!
10. If you could slip into any book for a few days, what book would it be?
Any of the Anne books, really. Or Peter Pan. I’m really on an Anne bug, aren’t I? But wouldn’t it be lovely to ramble around Avonlea with Anne and Diana?!
11. Do you believe in happily ever afters?
I certainly, definitely, decidedly do!
Well, that went better than I thought! Here are my questions:
- If you got to tag along on a historical voyage (from any point in history) which one would you choose and why?
- Dusk or dawn?
- Favourite flower?
- If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would you choose?
- Do you ever sing randomly and if you do, what?
- Favourite genre and why?
- What is your heritage (British, German, Irish, etc.)?
- If you could meet an author from any time in history, who would you meet?
- Raindrops on roses, or whiskers on kittens?
- If you could choose a fictional hero to marry, who would it be?
- Do you giggle, chuckle, chortle, guffaw, or simply laugh? Or do you have a better description for your mirth?
I shall tag…
I don’t know if any of you like tags, but this one is pretty enjoyable, so please?
Thank you for tagging me, I had a blast!