The Asian Women in Business Scholarship is awarded to exceptional Asian women who demonstrate a commitment to scholarship, leadership, community service, and/or entrepreneurship.
Founded in 1995, Asian Women In Business (AWIB) is the only non-profit, tax-exempt organization in the country with the primary mission of assisting Asian women entrepreneurs. Over the years, AWIB has expanded its mission to address the identified needs and issues affecting the business and professional development of Asian Americans. AWIB also serves on various task forces and boards to promote the inclusion of minority and women owned businesses and professionals.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female and of Asian or Pacific Islander ancestry (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam)
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) undergraduate GPA at the time of application
- Have a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
For the additional $2,500, financial need must be demonstrated by submitting a copy of the most current FAFSA form AND the Financial Aid Award Notice from your institution for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The deadline to submit applications is October 1, 2014, so be sure to apply soon!