Ascker is my greatest achievement in BJD making. The doll is based on my OC who was created more than 25 years ago. Somehow I was able to express his elegance, inner strength and outstanding personality in a dollie form.
His anatomy is a synthetic combination of features of human, deer, akhal-teke horse and sighthound. He is a mage and adventurer, intelligent, strong-willed and with a kinky sense of humour.
Today he received a long-awaited DD on Deviantart: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2012/200/f/e/ascker___ready_by_scargeear-d57sg35.jpg
I took some pictures of my own copy of the chi! Berserker wearing a 7-8 wig and Lati yellow-sized outfit, just to show you guys how they fit. That’s the old body and the original faceplate, not the final ones, but they’re the same size)
She is 1:12 scale, which puts her at about 6” tall including her horns. The original was made from polymer clay with wooden beads for joints, and the parts were all cast in resin. I painted her with Minitaire acrylic paint in “Concrete” (it’s kind of meant for Warhammer stuff, but it’s also made to use with airbrushes). You can find the paint here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009XP922K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1427234419&sr=8-1&keywords=minitaire+concrete+paint I did use a paintbrush on her feet, face, hands, and torso, but I used an airbrush on everything else. I didn’t know if it would work, so I got an inexpensive airbrush that uses a can of propellant: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003972JIW I found that it worked quite well and will most likely use the airbrush for all the parts the next time I make a doll. Using a paintbrush instead of the airbrush made the paint a bit more shiny. I used my regular acrylic paints and my size 20/0 brush to paint details on her face and fingernails (also nipples because why not? I don’t care if trolls don’t lactate. Because nipples, that’s why). I used a larger brush for her shoes and jewelry. I left the joints unpainted.
I did have to make my own S-hooks since she’s so tiny, but once that was done, I was able to string her! I used a double-thickness of .5mm elastic I bought at Michael’s a while back. You can see all the parts laid out in photo 5. The bangles and choker obviously won’t go over the hands, feet, and head, so I had to string those on, too. They unfortunately limit wrist and ankle movement, but that’s ok.
After stringing her, I discovered that Feferi does stand on her own! Her pose is kinda…odd…but she *does* stand! I will be making her a stand at some point, but I’m frankly surprised she stands at all. None of my clay dolls stood, so this was a neat surprise. :)
In some of the photos, she’s got her hair braided for styling purposes.
Our journey is coming to a close! Don’t worry; it’s not over yet! Tomorrow, I’ll post some photos of her in her canon outfit (as this is a dress borrowed from another doll). Stay tuna’d, fronds! 38)