Goodbye, Michele Bachmann. Thanks for the memories:
1. Like the time she shared her hometown pride in growing up in the same county as serial killer John Wayne Gacy.
2. The way she doth display her knowledge of Shakespeare: “‘Thou protesteth too much,” quoth Bachmann.
3. The time she learned all about HPV vaccines from a random lady.
4. “I haven’t had a gaffe or something that I’ve done that has caused me to fall in the polls.”
5. The time she called the tax code a “weapon of mass destruction" and we finally learned why we invaded Iraq (Saddam’s capital gains tax, duh).
6. That speech where she claimed the Revolutionary War started in New Hampshire.
7. When she wished Elvis a happy birthday on the anniversary of his death.
8. “Now with the president, he put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa.”
9. “I’m a lovable little fuzz ball! I have no idea what [liberals] would have to fear.”
10. That time she wasn’t afraid to blame God for hurricanes.
11. The quote that nearly caused PolitiFact to explode, ”After the debate that we had last week, PolitiFact came out and said that everything I said was true.”
12. The way she loved synonyms as much as she hated the environment: ”The big thing we are working on now is the global warming hoax. It’s all voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax.”
13. ”I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. And I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.”
14. That time she wouldn’t look directly at the CNN camera, probably because she thought the liberal media would steal her soul.
15. The way she spoke like a Game of Thrones character: “What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn’t pass.”
If she did all this while holding office, imagine what she’ll be able to accomplish with the free time she’s about to have.
Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images News/Getty Images