Highlights from Ancelotti’s press conference | May 22, 2015
[via Dermot Corrigan & Real Madrid]
- “I am still thinking as Real Madrid coach. After the game, or on Sunday or Monday, we will meet and talk about the future.“
- “I’m not upset by the speculations of possible new coaches for Real Madrid, this is normal in the football world”.
- “I have always had a great relationship with the President and it will continue that way”.
- "I’m happy to continue, but if not I’m happy with my two years here. If not, I will take my path, and the club their path.”
- “The club has told me that we will talk when the season finishes”.
- “Whatever happens I will always remember two fantastic years - maybe the happiest moment in Madrid’s history.”
- "I still think that my philosophy, my way of working, is the right way to do things.”
- “I appreciate what the players say, but personal feelings of players should not intervene in a decision the club must make.”
- “I’ve no hurry [on whether he’ll hear about future next week]. When everything is cleared up, then I will go on holidays.”
- “Everybody can have their opinion and it’s a good thing that this happens and also normal in the football world”.
- "February cost us a lot. Draw with Villarreal, loss in Athletic Bilbao. Close to getting result at Barca. That’s my personal view.”
- "Pogba would be a good signing for any club, as he is one of the best young players in Europe at this moment.”
- “Ronaldo has given his top effort to help the team to try and win titles. We can’t ask more of him”.
- "Iker did not ask me to play final game at Bernabeu. If Iker stays, I believe in the end everyone will be happy.”
At the end of the press conference, Ancelotti receives a round of applause from journalists as he gets up and leaves.