I was tagged by qasaweh and lekki-babe to list 15 things that make me happy.
1. Connecting with people on genuinely interpersonal levels. Having similar politics, having long winded discussions about complex social matters, while respecting each other’s perspectives. Being able to laugh, cry and vent with one another.
3. Cold and gloomy days. Potentially rainy if I am able to stay indoors.
4. Going make up, candle and body wash shopping. And bonus if I can buy all three in the same store.
5. Finding out about new music, literature and art.
6. The feeling of moist clean beach sand against my feet. (ie. the Red Sea)
7. Beautiful masjids.
8. Making a list of daily goals and actually accomplishing them.
9. The women in my family. We have everything from freedom fighters to the exiled to the refugees to survivors of war and how they are able to be so many things to everyone else and find time and place for points of respite inspires me more than anything.
10. Thrift shopping. Acquiring real bargains, coming across vintage/unique items and leaving a store feeling satisfied at what I’m able to find.
11. Most things salted caramel.
12. Good food.
13. Going seashell picking.
14. Learning about other regions (esp. Muslim populated regions) from people.
15. Writing. Writing. Writing.
I tag nov—-18th beyonslayed niqabisinparis amordeconuco sisterplum avecsabombe grapeson pax-arabica and anyone else who’d like to do it