Okay but here’s the thing.
Yes, Zayn was in the band for almost 5 years. He did his time and I appreciate it-so there’s credit for that. But let’s look at the things Zayn’s done the past year that has made me lose respect for him:
- Zayn’s been talking/thinking/plotting to go solo at least since September of last year, and is rumored to have been talking.thinking/plotting going solo since LAST SPRING-so a year back.
- He drops the band out of the blue one day, citing he was stressed out and wanted to live a normal life. I personally wish that Zayn posted a video or had a press confrence telling us he was going to leave instead of Modest! making a FB post about it but whateves. ***As someone who struggles with anxiety, I was sad, yes, but applauded him for doing something that he felt like he had to do for his mental health. You’re free to look back to my blog a couple of months back and see for yourself that I supported him.
- THE VERY NEXT DAY Zayn was spotted in a studio with NB working on solo stuff. THE NEXT DAYYY! After fans spent the whole night crying themselves to sleep, he pulled a stunt like that. Basiclly lied to us-the fans that gave him a career, but okay. The rest of the boys were messaging things on social media, assuring us things would be okay but Zayn said nothing to us.
- The day after, Zayn did this mega short radio interview that basically, again, Zayn was playing the victim card. He kept saying, “it wasn’t the real me,’ and he ‘couldn’t do it anymore.’ You can read more on the interview here if you want (x).
- Then you have NB posting numrous selfies of him and Zayn in studio looking like a hot shot and being all, ‘ayyyy look who’s here in the studio w/ me?!!!’ Basically rubbing it in our faces that he had Zayn and 1D didn’t. All the while, yet again, Zayn NEVER tweeted anything about himself-letting us know if he’s okay or not.
- Then you had Zayn’s speech at the Asian Awards where he was all peace and love and “I have to thank four amazing guys for giving me my career’ and such. I don’t recall his exact words. Now, I didn’t like it then that he didn’t mention 1D’s name on stage…was it because NB was less then 10 ft away?????
- Meantime, Zayn’s new buddy NB continued to lash out on face over social media. He last attack on 1D fans took place like three days ago. Feel free to look on that jerks’ Twitter page and see for yourself how rude Zayn’s friend has been to Zayn’s and 1D’s fans.
Which leads us to today, or let me backtrack to two days ago. Liam posted a video of some dud mucking up “Don’t Stop Believing” at a karaoke bar or whateves with the caption “New fifth member? I think so.” The dude sucked and Liam was obviously joking. Honestly, I think Liam wanted to cheer some of the fans up and let us know he and the rest of 1D are okay. Please don’t make Liam out to be the bad guy here-he’s innocent in all this. He meant it as a joke. Now I don’t know if Zayn took it personally or not-that’s an entirely different matter. If he did, he could have a)shook it off or b)reach out his “mate” Liam and be like ‘yo Li that wasn’t cool :/’ and Liam being Liam would have been like, ‘ahhh sorry Z! Didn’t mean to do that, let me buy you a lifesize statue of Batman, ok?’ And things would have been fine!
BUT NO! NB had to step in and post yet ANOTHER selfie of him and Zayn with the caption ‘replace this.’ Now I dunno how you took this Anon, but I took it as, ‘Ohhh look who has Zayn! Try to replace this, haha!’
Louis, whom I love and adore, gets involved in things where he generally shouldn’t. NB is the same way, only difference is that Louis usually sticks his head out to a) defend us or b)put someone in their place whereas NB’s just doing it to stay relevant. I think Louis knows that NB is an ass and mention in a subtweet about shitty filters. Should he have made it? No, but in the grand scheme of what Louis is capible of, the tweet was fairly innocent enough.
Of course, NB being NB saw this and was ‘remember when you couldn’t sing? Who needs to when there’s auto-tune, right?’ or something to that extent. I blocked NB today so i can’t look all the tweets up. Being a Louis girl, I know that Louis’ been insecure with his voice since the beginning of 1D and Zayn having been “brothers” with Louis for five years would have known this too and you’d think that he’d defend his best friend that they’ve had for five years, right?
Nope, he tweeted
“Remember when you had a life and stopped making bitchy comments about mine?” to LOUIS!!! Partner in crime. Bus 1. They smoked together for hell’s sake. Zayn essentially said get out of my life. It pissed off so many people and Louis more then likely. He could have kept going but he tweeted one last tweet to NB and didn’t respond to Zayn, which was probably hard for him to do.
Clearly Zayn doesn’t want to be associated with 1D, he made his choice and I’m respecting it by not seeing him as part of 1D anymore. WHICH IS THE VERY THING ZAYN WANTED THIS WHOLE TIME! Why am I the bad guy for doing this?
Everything associated with 1D before March 25, 2015-sure, Zayn here’s credit for that. Because honestly, 1D are incredible and history making and yeah.
BUT EVERYTHING AFTER MARCH 25, 2015 ZAYN IS NO LONGER A PART OF 1D ANYMORE! Here on out, 1D is four members and Zayn will get no credit for anything 1D does in the future. I’m sorry that’s the way it goes.
Zayn left. Zayn sided with some douchebag over a member he’s known for five years. He wanted to be a normal 21 yr man? That means fucking talking responsibility for your actions. No one forced him to leave, no one told him to work with an asshole on solo stuff. No one told him to tweet out mean things. ZAYN DID ALL THAT! HE MADE HIS CHOICES AND HE’S FINE WITH IT SO LET’S ALL JUST MOVE ON!
I generally would never wish ill on anybody and that includes Zayn. He was a part of my life for the past five years and I wish him all the best. But I’m not gonna sit here and act like what he did was okay. It wasn’t cool-it really wasn’t.
Actions speak louder then words and I think today that statement couldn’t be truer.