International Roma Day // April 8, 2013
International Roma Day is an opportunity to celebrate Romani culture but also to highlight the persecution and discrimination that Roma people face in all areas of life.
1. A woman holds a sign during a protest against Romani evictions in front of the European Union Parliament to mark International Roma Day in Brussels on April 8, 2013. (REUTERS/Francois Lenoir)
2. A Roma child loads recycled items on his bicycle in Pristina on April 8, 2013. (AFP/Armend Nimani)
3. A Roma woman and her baby are seen though the window of their caravan at a camp in Strasbourg on April 8, 2013. (REUTERS/Vincent Kessler)
4. A teenage girl fixes her hair near hanging laundry in Indre, near Nantes, western France on July 30, 2010. (REUTERS/Stephane Mahe)
5. Roma children wear masks during activities marking the International Roma Day in Pristina on April 8, 2013. (AFP/Armend Nimani)
6. Ioan Plesa, a Roma man, carries a bundle of twigs he collected to make brooms in Prislop village, 300 km northwest of Bucharest on September 29, 2010. (REUTERS/Radu Sigheti)