Leverage Star Trek AU
- Captain Ford is an alcoholic, self-pitying cynical bastard of a starship captain who is lucky to be given the helm at all, as First Mate Devereaux likes to remind him.
- It’s a pity he’s so good at his job.
- (by a certain definition of “good” that involves ignoring a number of intergalactic mandates and starfleet rules, and serving ‘the spirit of the law’ and ‘justice’ and ‘right’ which–generally results in someone shouting at him, but Sophie Devereaux has never been especially known for a strong moral compass. Or following orders.)
- (Sophie Devereaux is known for speaking twenty different alien languages plus a handful of dialects, and may have been implicated in a number of very high-profile scandals in relation to alien princesses and lost art. But she’s straight now, and she’d like to hear anyone say different.)
- Alec Hardison, Chief Engineer, has been in love with Second Officer Parker almost since they met. The rest of the crew has been taking bets on when they’ll actually get together.
- (The real story is a bit more complicated, it’s about Parker’s reticence and fear and Hardison’s willingness to wait, his love–but neither of them are about to reveal that much to the crew.)
- Tactical Officer Eliot Spencer has been in love with both of them for longer than that, but he denies it–violently–whenever even alluded to.
- They boldly go.