How to do this:
NOTE: This is meant to highlight certain colors in the picture and brighten everything else. Click Read More for an example with other colors.
1. Open the photo your using, for me I’ll be using this one. I suggest saving every step, so you don’t lose any work.
2. Double click this:
3. Enter this hex code: #ed5e23. Then click OK.
4. Click that little curved arrow key, and then the color dropper. Take the pink from your picture. Your colors should look like this:
5. Click that little rounded arrow again; you’ll be needing the pink later.
6. Go back to your picture layer and press CTRL ALT 2.
7. Create new layer, then fill with the color you picked.
8. Go to LAYERS and set to divide.
Your picture should now look like this:
9. Group both layers. Create a new group: this will be highlighting the pink in your picture.
10. Switch to the pink you picked in your colors. Start with a fill layer, and set opacity to 73% and fill to 100%. Set the Layer to Overlay:
11. Next you get to choose a gradient fill, I used this color: #f68e56. Set the Gradient Fill so it looks like this:
The style should be Overlay as well.
12. Next is the curves, which will be changed to these settings:
Set this to overlay as well. In case you were wondering, your picture should look something like this right now:
13. Next you should fix your color balance. I used these settings:
Set the layer to Darker Color
14. Last is Vibrance. Set Vibrance to -31 and Saturation to +2. Set the Layer to Lighter Color.
15. Finally, Set the entire group to overlay.