tagged by lipfused which made my tiny shrew heart beat so fast.
1. why write: I tried not to write for a really long time and it didn’t do me any good. Also, it’s a good thing to do if you just lost your job and have no idea what you’re doing with your life. Also, also you can meet some cool people who are also self-deprecating and probably funnier than you are. See what I just did there.
2. aesthetic: “conversation in mid-day with a stranger from a Murakami novel” or “anime trash” depending on how you wanna spin it
3. the process: as much isolation and as little interruption as possible, picking out just the right music and then changing my mind about it the second before I start writing, a document full of links and references and notes that I don’t end up using, notebooks that my sister buys for me when she’s abroad that I feel too unworthy of actually writing in so I use cheap knock-off moleskins until I can work up the courage, a lot of trying to get my brain to run on auto-pilot
4. the moment right now: I’m listening to this mix and checking my phone for texts from my best friend who works the night shift at Wal-Mart and trying to decide if I should stay up another hour to micro-manage a virtual army or read comics on the internet. I think my roommate’s cat is puking. Again.
5. shortcomings: poetry, not going with my gut instinct, fussing with shit when it was better before I fussed with shit, sustaining narratives for longer pieces and in general, falling into present tense and second person as my default, sentence variety, working reaaally slooowly and getting distracted easily
6. a writer is: probably not working really hard on filling out a tumblr ask meme at almost 1am in the morning.
Idk who has and hasn’t been tagged with this business but solipsistbaby, mountweazel, briannahopealbers, thunderbirdsinstead, autodidactics, if u wanna