An Almost Stupid Moment with MMLTD
- INT. HOTEL ROOM - EARLY MORNING
- The room is a nondescript high-rise hotel room, curtains drawn, dark save for a lamp burning dimly on a desk, and the soft glow of a laptop. MMLTD is staring into the screen, toiling away on a series of mind-numbing emails. He stirs, a thought coming to him in mid-sentence. He looks at his tablet. The battery is low. He's going to need that for his long flight home later today. He better plug it in.
- MMLTD:I have a long flight home today. I better plug this in! Hmmm. The outlets are all occupied. I don't need this little lamp plugged in. I'll just unplug it and plug in my tablet charger. Yay!
- MMLTD reaches down and unplugs the LAMP. As he does, THE ENTIRE OUTLET COMES OUT OF THE WALL, and all the LIGHTS GO OUT. Even the laptop dims now running on battery.
- MMLTD (now in darkness):That seems bad. I should fix it. Yay!
- MMLTD reaches forward to the distended electrical socket fumbling blindly to push everything back into place and plug in his tablet charger. The music rises, a dissonant string section building in intensity as CERTAIN DOOM looms near for our hero as he slowly reaches for the broken outlet. He reaches out, the strings grow louder. Reaches... Louder.... Reaches... Louder. MMLTD touches the plastic on a power cable still plugged into the dangling outlet. The small movement allows brief metal-on-metal contact, and SPARKS fly from the light socket. MMLTD stands bolt upright.
- MMLTD:This is fucking stupid. This is how you die.
- MMLTD goes across the room, opens the curtains, turns on all the lights in the room, then moves his computer to a location that isn't about to electrocute him.