Highlights from the Graham McTavish Panel - L.I. Geek Con
Just a couple tidbits from the Hobbit Panel , L.I. Geek Con- May 2, 2015
- Graham insists he is a half inch taller than Richard and that Richard
had lifts in his boots to make him taller.
- He has a mount of all the cast’s prosthetic noses in his house. He saved them all (including Aidan’s “postage stamp” and WETA mounted them for him.
- Jed Brophy liked to steal stuff from the set and he shared with Graham. Jed told Peter that he was going
to steal coins and Peter said As long as he didn’t see it, it was alright.
- He got to name Grasper and Keeper. Apparently they are named after Emily Bronte’s dogs. He really likes Wuthering heights and thinks Emily was a ferocious woman.
- Dwalin has a soft spot for Ori.
- he called me Mr. Baggins when I asked my question. I think my heart exploded.
- I asked what was his favorite scene to film and he said the barrel scene. He also said that Dean O’Gorman and Stephen Hunter peed in the water.
- He called me sweetheart when signing my Hobbit book.
- he recognized me at my photo op. He’s like “My Bilbo!”
- HE TOLD ME I HAD NICER CALVES THAN MARTIN FREEMAN!!!!
The moderator from OneRing.net asked him about fanfiction, including asking him if he knew about Thorin/Dwalin, and she grimaced over Durincest. She then talked about Dwalin/Dis and showed him a fanmade Dwalin/Dis video with Laura Pulver as Dis. Asshole-Mod then proceeded to ask him if he knew about the Richard/Graham fanfic.
It was super uncomfortable, but Graham was so sweet about it and just said he admires how much work the fans put into their art.