My dog, Zither, is potentially fighting for his life.
Three days ago, he swallowed a piece of a bone he had been chewing, which caused a blockage in his upper small intestine. Because the bone piece was blocking his digestive tract, he has been unable to hold down water or food for about three days, causing him to lose ten pounds. Additionally, gas and fluid have built up in Zither’s intestines for about two and a half feet, distending his intestinal walls and his abdomen in general. He is for the most part unable to walk or stand, and has been receiving fluids through an IV since he throws up anything in his stomach.
He went in for surgery this morning at about 11 am and came out fine. However, since he is a large dog (usually weighing about 115 pounds), surgery is significantly more expensive than that of a terrier or retriever, since anesthesia and pain medication are delivered on a fluid ounce/pound ratio.
In total, his treatment plan will cost about $2000. This is more than we expected and more than we are able to pay for. The vet has offered my mom and me an extended timeframe to pay off this massive bill, totaling approximately three months. At this rate, we will be shelling out about $280 every two weeks to pay for Zither’s medical bills. My mom will have to get overtime at both her normal job and her other, part-time job in order to cover these expenses.
I know I already posted about this, but my (and Zither’s) situation has become extremely serious. I have no way to pay for this besides finding a second job, and I am growing desperate.
Even if you can’t donate, please reblog and get the word out.
Help me save my puppy’s life.