Trends speak louder than words. Here’s what was noisy this week:
- In Palm Springs: Merrymakers pose for Valencia-tinted selfies under the desert sun at Coachella. And #reclaimthebindi, a campaign against cultural boho-priation of South Asian traditions for disposable fashion.
- In entertainment: BB-8 bounced and bopped its spherical bum through the sand in the second Star Wars trailer. Hollywood glamorati hobnobbed at the 23rd (yeah) annual MTV Movie Awards. Some of them won a bucket. And The Royals is E!’s first scripted show, not counting their other shows.
- In the news: Hillary Clinton has been driving around Iowa in a van solving mysteries.
- In history: A century has passed since the Armenian genocide began.
- At school: The theme for this year’s promposals is signs.
- In Homestuck: Lord English’s true nature was revealed in the proximity of some horses. True fact. Look it up.
- In music: The sound of hysteria: Green Day is being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Also, some popular blogs from the week:
- Animal Fact Book (animal-factbook): For all your animal facts.
- Things Do Jobs (thingsdojobs): Some things better than other things.
- Before They Ran (beforetheyran): Even as a child, Ted Cruz was a goober.