Shoot. I forgot to copy the instructions. I think they are something like this: copy and paste the last poster’s questions, answer questions, come up with 11 of your own questions, tag some people.
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
I used to think it was so mean to make me pick one, but a few years ago I was able to narrow it down definitively, and then this year, the last favorite (Maureen Johnson) was usurped by a new favorite, Sarah Rees Brennan.
2. What is something you couldn’t live without?
DIET COKE. And also toilet paper.
3. Do you like hugs?
Yes. I do not, however, appreciate sneak hug attacks. I really, really don’t like people sneaking up on me and then touching me in any way when I can’t see them coming. It’s creepy.
4. Favorite Disney movie and favorite lesson from it?
Snow White. Only eat an apple you picked out yourself. :P
5. What did you want to be when you grow up?
If I remember correctly, the progression went something like this: ballerina, teacher, TV reporter, nun, astronaut, farmer, cake decorator, English professor. Writing was always there, but I didn’t choose it as a career until I was 17.
6. What do you want to be now and why do you think it’s changed?
I am a writer, and that’s what I want to be. It changed because I learned more about myself and my gifts and passions. And working the land isn’t one of them. :P
7. Who is your hero?
Now, see, it’s so not fair to make me only pick just one here. There was a local girl here recently who was approached by a would-be abductor, but she realized something was off and she got away from him. So I guess she’s one of my heroes right now.
8. Dogs or cats?
I like my dog and two cats. Not wild about most others. :P
9. What is one of your pet peeves?
Finding trash in the sink. Is it really so hard to walk like four feet to the trash can?
10. Favorite fantasy series?
Sharon Shinn’s Angel quintet. It’s very awesome, but the covers look like Harlequin romance novels. Lots of muscle-y, bare-chested male angels. I don’t really ever read mine in public. :P
11. How are you doing right now?
I feel blech phsyically, but I DID just write 50,000 words in 30 days during which I ate terribly or not enough, so …
1. Pick a favorite movie line.
2. Pick a favorite book quote.
3. What kinds of things did you make-believe as a child?
4. What’s something you firmly believed as a child that makes little or no sense now?
5. Favorite Christmas tradition?
6. Least favorite beverage?
7. What’s one thing (not physical) you wish you could change about yourself?
8. What’s a fear you once had that you’ve successfully overcome?
9. What’s something you’re good at that you’ve taught or would like to teach someone else?
10. What was your favorite book as a child (pre-junior high/middle school)?
11. What’s an everyday object that you think would make a great spaceship? (I’m not asking because I’m interested, she said, lying through her teeth …)