My name is Michalina. I’m 22. As a child I had a lot of dreams. I wanted to become an artist, but my biggest dream was to be a model. This dream wasn’t hardly possible for me.
- Pictures taken, let’s see what we’ve got.
- Man, she’s photogenic. So beautiful.
- Michalina, look at me. Can you tell us how it was?
I had a little defect since I was born and it needed a fix. It was a defect associated with my sex. I was a hermaphrodite. When I was born, doctors decided that they will make me a fully boy. This was a person who I wasn’t and didn’t want to be. Until 18 I lived as a Michał [Michał is a man version of the name Michalina].
- Didn’t your mom care if you were a boy or a girl? Does she love you as her son or as her daughter?
My mom loves me as her child.
- It’s very important lesson to our country. Incredible. Congratulations, you’re in.
..and this is how it all began.