Oscar Nominated Live Action Short Films 2014
kittykittybangbang and I have a goal to see 26 movies (in theaters) this year. This was our second.
All five short films were good. Four out of the five were amazing.
- Helium, Denmark. I cried from beginning to end. Non-stop. Had to actively stop myself from snorting and snotting on myself. I had to breathe out of my mouth.
- The Voorman Problem, UK. Good. Not great. Actually, the more I think about it, it was okay.
- Avant Que De Tout Perdre, France. It takes about 30 seconds for the tension to set in and it never lets go. No joke, when the credits roll, you’ll still be frozen and tense in your seat. Great.
- Aquel No Era Yo, Spain. Gut wrenching. Heart breaking. It makes you cry and get angry. It makes you want to quit your job and do something that comes even remotely close to mattering.
- Pitääkö Mun Kaikki Hoitaa, Finland. Very funny. Wonderfully acted. Not a single frame of film is wasted.
To answer your first question, yes, you should go see these films. To answer your second question, I don’t know which one could win the Oscar.