I Wish I Could Say Something Nostalgic About 24….
But 24 has been a VERY hard year for me. I mean I haven’t cried like this since I was just starting out undergrad. And though I know God works EVRYTHING for my good, I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that I didn’t mumble and complain through a lot of the things I’ve experienced this last year. At one point, I had to straight up ask God like “Yo, is there a purpose in this? Because I don’t get it!” I know that I’m not suppose to question God, however I am grateful that He is so merciful that He allowed me the grace to do so without smiting my stubborn behind.
The craziest part is I know that everything had to happen the way it did. I still don’t understand why but with purpose comes opposition and to whom much is given, much is required…which means that testing is necessary.
25 symbolizes “grace upon grace” and I think to complete the things that are before me, the need for grace will simply be an understatement. I need to do a few things include:
- Sit down and re-evaluate my current position.
- Prioritize, prioritize, PRIORITIZE !
- Do a better job of taking care of myself.
- Plan for my next position.
- Re-organize the chaos that has been taken place in my life for far too long.
- Let go of anything and anybody that is counter productive. Social, emotion and spiritual cleansing is a reoccurring event in life
- Get healed from some things.
- Commit myself to a church home because I’ve been without one for almost 2 years.
- Enjoy myself because I’m young and I still have plenty of time to be tied down to the things that tie people down (family, marriage, etc) but right now, I need to enjoy the fullness of my freedom.
- Push myself to my limit…I wasn’t made for a mediocre lifestyle.
25 is putting me in a new position in life. I’m excited, kind of hesitant, and trying to make sure that my perspective is one of faith. I’m leaping into this, feet first. I prepped and prepared for this…let’s go!