2 cups of ice cream
1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
Any extras you desire!
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to thaw until it is smooth and creamy. You can use any flavor of ice cream you’d like!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the thawed ice cream in a bowl and add in the self-rising flour. If you don’t have self-rising flour simply at 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder to regular flour.
- Mix the ingredients together and pour into a bread tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
You can decorate this bread however you would like, from adding sprinkles, fruit or chocolate drops!
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ to 1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup lukewarm water
2 tsp yeast
1 cup puree mango
5 tbsp melted butter
¾ cup chocolate chips
confectioner’s sugar for dusting – this is optional!
- Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle, add the lukewarm water and sprinkle the yeast on top. Stir and leave until the yeast dissolves and bubbles start to appear.
- Slowly mix in the pureed mango.
- Add the melted butter and knead in for around 2-3 minutes.
- Knead in the chocolate chips.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, place it in a clean greased bowl, cover and leave at room temperature until doubled in volume. This could take between 1 ½ hours to 2 ½ hours.
- Shape the dough into a log and place on a baking sheet.
- Cover again and leave for 45 minutes to an hour. Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes.
1 ¾ hours-2 ¾ hours preparation time
35-45 minutes cooking time
1 2/3 cups very warm water
1 packet yeast
½ cup sugar
1 12 teaspoon salt
½ cup oil
3-4 cups flour
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, melted
¼ cup golden raisins
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
¼ cup karo syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl whisk together the warm water and yeast. Add in the sugar, salt, and oil.
- Mix in the flour. Knead the dough for about four minutes, until it becomes elastic. Keep adding in flour if necessary to keep it from becoming too sticky.
- Cover with a clean towel and set in a warm place for 1 ½ hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large rectangle that is about 5 inches wide, 12 inches long, and 1 ½ inches thick.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a small, separate bowl. Sprinkle it across the center of your dough, leaving the edges clear.
- Sprinkle raisins across the top, and roll the dough tightly, pinching off the edges.
- Put the dough into a large bread tin which is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow the bread to rise for another 45 minutes to 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread in hot oven for 40-45 minutes, or just until the bread turns a deep, golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few hours.
- During this time you can make the frosting. Beat all of the ingredients together until a thick frosting results. Spread onto cooled bread and leave for another hour to set.
4-4 ½ hours preparation time
40-45 cooking time
1 large egg
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup liquid-state coconut oil
¼ cup cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt to taste!
Cream Cheese Filling:
1 large egg
4 ounces softened brick-style cream cheese)
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray one bread tin with floured cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the egg, sugars, coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla, and whisk to combine.Add the bananas and stir to incorporate.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Turn about two-thirds of the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners.
- For the cream cheese filling, add all ingredients and whisk to combine in a large bowl.
- Evenly pour filling mixture over the bread, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
10 minutes preparation time
48-50 minutes cooking time
¼ cup warm water
2-¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour (plus ¼ cup or more, if needed)
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3-4 small ripe peaches, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
- Combine warm water and yeast.
- Melt the butter in a microwave dish. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt on top of water/yeast mixture in mixing bowl.
- Turn mixer on low, add eggs, then stream in milk, butter and vanilla mixture slowly until dough starts to form.
- Add flour by the tablespoon until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball. Turn mixer up to medium speed and knead 3 minutes.
- Cover and allow to rise for 90 minutes.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the filling in a small bowl.
- Prepare the peaches and melt butter, and grease your bread tin.
- Turn risen dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a large rectangle with rather thin dough.
- Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle the entire with your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut dough into equal-sized, long strips, about 3-4 inches wide. Sprinkle the first strip with a small amount of the chopped peaches. Lay the next strip on top of the first strip. Continue until all the strips are stacked on top of each other.
- Cut the stacked strips into 4-6 equal stacks of squares (about 4-5 inches in size). Stack the squares vertically into prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake the bread on the middle rack of oven 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Prepare the glaze by adding the butter, brown sugar and milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn loaf out onto a rack with parchment paper underneath it. Drizzle the loaf with the warm caramel glaze.
2-2 ½ hours preparation time
40-45 minutes cooking time
1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 medium bananas
8 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix together cream, sugar and butter.
- Mash the bananas and add to the mix.
- Beat and add the eggs.
- Slowly add the flour, salt, and baking soda. You can also fold in some walnuts at this point.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
10-15 minutes preparation time
40-50 minutes cooking time
500g strong white bread flour
1 ½ teaspoon fast-action yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon clear honey
2 crushed garlic cloves
25g soft butter
100g grated mature cheddar
handful thyme leaves
- Measure the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix 300ml of hot water with the oil and honey in a jug, then pour into the dry mix, stirring all the time to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, then knead for 5 minutes until the dough no longer feels sticky, sprinkling with a little more flour as you need it.
- Stretch it to fit the Swiss roll tin.
- Mix the garlic with the butter, then dot over the dough.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and thyme.
- Cover the bread with lightly oiled cling film, then leave in a warm place to rise for 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200C. Remove the cling film, then bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden.
- Leave the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve.
20 minutes preparation time
30 minutes cooking time
3 cups bread flour
500 gram plain unsweetened Greek yogurt with active cultures
½ to 1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt to taste
scant 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- Mix flour, Greek yogurt, ½ cup sour cream, salt, and yeast on low speed for around 5-7 minutes, or 10 minutes by hand.
- Add sour cream until dough is very moist and wet.
- Remove dough from the mixing bowl, spray a large bowl with cooking spray, pat dough into a round ball, place it in the bowl, and lightly cover in oil. Cover bowl and leave for 6-8 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead lightly for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place dough back in covered bowl for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450F and place a heavy-bottomed skillet into the oven and allow it to heat for about 45 minutes.
- Once bread is ready, place oven paper on the skillet – be careful, as it will be very hot – and put bread on top. Put on lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, uncover and allow bread to bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes
- Remove skillet from oven, and remove bread from skillet. Place it on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
10 minutes preparation time, not including rising time
35-40 minutes cooking time
The post 8 Easy And Delicious Bread Recipes appeared first on Lifehack.
from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1FHnyOG