Hello friends! This is a measured sample of the pictures I took during Leostuck, the NYCstuck meetup I went to last Saturday (Aug. 10th). It was my first one that I ever went to. I mean, besides that time I snuck into the NYCC-2012 meetup that one time, but that’s another story.
It was super rad and silly, everyone was super fashionable, and I made several friends. I even stole some candy from one of their houses.
I would’ve posted these pictures much earlier, but there was a bit of a mixup involving tumblr urls and notebooks lost and found and such. But now I can post them accurately. I should list the tumblr urls of the people I really got along with as well, since they’re all on up in these pics, being all androgynous and cosplay-pretty-rad. Sorry if I don’t name you, I’m just listing those whom I have legit tumblr urls from:
1. kingofthebookcase: that’s me! I’m the brunette Jake with the Nerf gun and the silly Charlie’s Angels pose. I’m no stranger to haphazard, cobbled together cosplay’s so I was a bit proud over the fact that I could be recognized without the Jake English skull shirt (I wore my “Doom on a Unicorn” shirt instead).
2. vanatomy , krispleana, and heavensheadquarters : vana is the Karkat cosplayer with the grey facepaint, yelling at the sky (my fault actually, don’t ask), krispleana is the Jake cosplayer with the actual gun-looking-guns and the wavy hair, and heavensheadquarters is wearing the Aradia t-shirt, and is carrying krispleanea in the most romance-book matter. They’re the first peeps I had the courage to talk to, and subsequently my first friends at the thing. Rad friendships, ey?
2. wwhatevver-ampora : she’s the Eridan cosplayer posing all highbloody and rad. Due to a strange turn of events, I ended up stealing candy from her house. From my perspective, she’s a rad professional cosplayer with hella endurance, since she was able to wear both a scarf, a cape, and a sweater in hardcore NYC heat. Spontaneous friendships, ey?
3. crypticrose & themagnificentmoldy : The 2 Sollux’s at the event. Both are super rad people that I distinctly remember singing silly songs with. Only one of them posed with the mailbox penis, try to guess who.
4. thedarkcarnivalhascookies : She was the no-facepaint Equius cosplayer. Her radness lay in the fact that she somehow found the most perfect pinstripe leggings to go with her cosplay. Such skill is hella rad and friendship making.
And 5. the-special-child : This dude organized the whole deal, and therefore is now a noted figure in the KotB friendship handbook. He is rad and was very tall.
And those were the people who I remembered to ask what their tumblrs were. Sorry if I didn’t put down your name! It’s mostly an accident/general timing thingy. Whups.