OK here it is, a comprehensive list of what I did/didn’t like from AOU:
Things I didn’t like:
- Bruce/Nat. Some of the things that they said to eachother were actually kinda’ cute, but the actors have zero chemistry, and it ended up feeling incredibly fucking forced and misplaced.
- Ghost of a mention of Bucky. Tell me my son is safe, say his NAME.
- Steve/Tony queerbait (But that’s just because I anti-ship stony to the ends of the fuckIGN earth whoops sorry)
Things I DID like:
- REALLY GOOD CHARACTERIZATION FOR STEVE. LIKE REALLY GOOD.
- STEVE SWEARING
- STEVE IN THAT TIGHT SHIRT / CARGO PANTS COMBO
- STEVE WAS NIPPING SO HARD THE WHOLE MOVIE
- P E G G Y :(
- Clint actually getting lines and a snarky personality
- Clint’s cUTE LIL FAMILY (I wish that his wife had been a little more than just ‘a one dimensional pregnant wife’ but oh well)
- AUNTIE NAT
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FOR NAT (Although I was really upset that the sterilization thing was presented as a counterpart to bruce not being able to have kids. It was a really fucking important part of her identity and story, and it shouldn’t have just been a plot device to make her ‘perfect’ for her male love interest)
- IT WAS SO FUNNY JEsus christ, I’m so glad they toned down the seriousness for this one
- The scene between The Vision and Ultron at the very end. “You’re the last one, do you fear death?” that line was sick, that whole scene was sick as hell.
- Scarlet Witch ripping out Ultron’s heart to represent her own pain. I literally said “oh wow” out loud in the theater because of that goddamn symbolism holy fuck.
There’s probably more positive bullet points that I’m forgetting, but overall I really enjoyed the movie, I still despise Joss Whedon, but AOU turned out a whole lot better than I was expecting (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧