you know what really gets me? you read all these pubmed studies from doctors, doctors you’re going to see, and there are always lines about EDS patients like
- "it should not be underestimated how hypermobile these patients are,"
- "extra care should always be taken in surgery or invasive procedures because of various fragilities,"
- "high risk of complications in procedures or dangerous side effects to medications that are more common in these patients should be taken into consideration."
And then you go see these doctors WHO WROTE THAT LITERATURE, and they’re like
- "Are you sure you’re having dislocations? Maybe it’s just regular joint pain?”
- "oh you’ll be fine we don’t need to worry with this procedure”
- "Nah, side effects with this are rare, I’m sure you’ll be fine.” *proceeds to think you’re making it up when you complain about side effects*
Like these people are supposed to be at least reasonably intelligent, do they really not see a problem with this?!