First Name: Beth
Occupation: PT SAHM, PT retail sales guru, all around badass
Mixtape Name: I’m not training to be skinny. I’m training to be badass.
1) Madness by Muse
2) Latch by Disclosure ft. Sam Smith
3) Love The Way You Lie by Eminem ft. Rihanna
4) Gold Digger by Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx
5) Airplanes by B.o.B. Ft. Hayley Williams
6) Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake
7) Treasure by Bruno Mars
8) Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas
9) Crazy in Love by Beyonce ft. Jay Z
10) Baby I’m a Star by Prince
11) Empire State of Mind by Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys
12) Rosalita by Bruce Springsteen
Liner Notes: It’s mid-April and I am already in training for my October running of the Twin Cities Marathon. Before then I have at least one half marathon in June and the Ragnar Relay in August. Basically, for the next 6 or so months or so, running will be my life.
Therefore, the music I run and train to is very important. None of the songs on this playlist are new or revolutionary. However, they are all songs that help me to get the job done. Time and time again.
I know I’m throwing you for a loop a little with the inclusion of the Boss there at the end but, honestly and truly, nothing gets me through the gut-wrenching end of a long run like listening to Bruce wail out his love for Rosalita. Try it. Trust me. It works.