Cabinet agreed to all the conditions of the IMF
From Communist Party of Ukraine, March 3, 2014:
The newly installed Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine is ready for implementation of all items in the mandatory program of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to secure a loan. This was announced during a meeting with the European Business Association, said Prime Minister Yatsenyuk, RBC-Ukraine.
"This government will fulfill all the conditions of the International Monetary Fund for the simple reason that we have no other choice," - said Yatsenyuk.
Today it is difficult to find materials that shed light on the basic provisions of the IMF program for Ukraine.
We have to refer to the data released by Wikileaks. According to the correspondence of American diplomats, which was announced on the website WikiLeaks, the decision to grant Ukraine a loan from the International Monetary Fund for a total of $16 billion is dependent on a list of reforms that were originally approved by the U.S., and subsequently submitted to the IMF. Among them in the first place - pension reform.
As the WikiLeaks documents reveal, even under the old regime, a Ukrainian interlocutor for U.S. Ambassador John Tefft had prepared a program of development of Ukrainian reforms and gave it to the United States. Those, in turn, approved and passed the program of the IMF, who insisted on them as a condition for Ukraine receiving the loan.
According to WikiLeaks, this list of reforms demanded of Ukraine includes:
1. Raise the retirement age - two years for men, three for women. Eliminate the right to early retirement including for hazardous enterprises.
2. Eliminate the institution of special retirement benefits, which are allocated to scientists, government officials, managers of state enterprises. Restrict working pensioners. Set retirement age for army officers at 60 years.
3. Raise the price of gas for municipal enterprises by 50%, twice for private consumers. Increase the cost of electricity by 40%. Increase the excise on petrol by 60 euros.
4. Cancel benefits and raise taxes on transportation by 50%. Not to raise the living wage (cost of living), balancing the social situation from this point with subsidies.
5. Privatize all mines and abolish all subsidies. Repeal benefits for municipal utilities, transportation and other things. Cancellation of state support of free meals and textbooks.
6. Limit the practice of simplified taxation. Abolish VAT exemptions in the countryside. Oblige pharmacies and pharmacists to pay VAT.
7. Lift the moratorium on sale of agricultural land. Cancel subsidies to producers of pork and chicken.
8. Reduce the size of ministries to 14. Leave only one vice-premier. Cancel the post of Minister of the Cabinet. Subdue all public authorities ministries. Tax Administration of Customs, the State Property Fund should enter the ministry of finance.
9. Limit excessive salaries of public officials.
10. Unemployment benefits should be assessed only after a minimum period of six months of work. Sick pay at 70% of salary, but not below the subsistence level. Sick pay starting from the third day of illness.
Yatsenyuk stressed that the authorities initiate unpopular decisions that are transforming the social sphere. In addition, the public should prepare for tax hikes.
The IMF mission will arrive in Kiev next week.
Almost every item on the program tightens the noose around the neck of ordinary people.
Exposed: the real EuroMaidan program — privatization, price-hikes and poverty for the masses.