So… this is what I spent my afternoon and evening working on. I picked up VX Ace for a cheap ten bucks.
Took a while to finally figure out the problem with the enemy spawn rate (I should have taken a closer look at the demo the script came with), but otherwise I’m pretty happy. The script itself is unfortunately quite limited (can’t even do water tiles), but otherwise it’s alright.
Yes, I recorded it with Bandicam because I’m too lazy to grab FRAPs from my desktop (this would have been over a gig in size had I used it, because it’s like that). Besides, Hypercam wasn’t working. Bandican, Hypercan’t.